Thames Valley Police Standardised Medical Form

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Thames Valley Police Standardised Medical Form

#51 Post by mag41uk »

So I filled out the forms for TVP "early renewal" and took them to TVP HQ at Kidlington as I was in Oxford on wednesday.
My FAC is due 04/2020.
I toyed with just doing a "no changes" renewal but I really do want to make changes over the next year or so.
I might as well put in for more variations and wait it out.
9 months to go!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#52 Post by Blackstuff »

Presumably you didn't submit your FAc with the renewal application?
DVC
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#53 Post by mag41uk »

Blackstuff wrote:Presumably you didn't submit your FAc with the renewal application?
No.
And I never have done!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#54 Post by Blackstuff »

goodjob

Was going to say, thats a hell of a long time without ammo! (Its a hell of a long time for anything!! :bad: )
DVC
Polchraine

#55 Post by Polchraine »

Blackstuff wrote:Presumably you didn't submit your FAc with the renewal application?
There is no requirement to do so.

The Met have, on a couple of occasions, asked for mine when te visit was 2 weeks from renewal, but never with the application although on one, many years ago before computerisation in any form, they did ask for a copy of my certificates.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#56 Post by Dark Skies »

Polchraine wrote:
Sim G wrote:
Polchraine wrote:Heard yesterday that one of people at a clay shoot I attend had a 2 year delay in getting his SGC renewal through TVP! No major issues on health or security, just, as far as I hear, snail pace
That is ridiculous!
An understatement ... during that time he also had "temporary certificates" issued that allowed him to continue shooting. Two others are just applying to TVP - I hav eoffered to act as a referee to one, how long will those take?
I know several people who have had temp FA certs for up to and over a year waiting for renewals. It's a bloody shambles.

I don't know of anyone who has had their referee approached for an actual reference.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#57 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:
An understatement ... during that time he also had "temporary certificates" issued that allowed him to continue shooting. Two others are just applying to TVP - I hav eoffered to act as a referee to one, how long will those take?

I know several people who have had temp FA certs for up to and over a year waiting for renewals. It's a bloody shambles.

I don't know of anyone who has had their referee approached for an actual reference.
you obviously haven't met my FEO! he is overworked and behind on his cases,but he is diligence personified, everyone gets a call !
stuarta
Home club or Range: Bicester Town pistol and rifle club

#58 Post by stuarta »

No I have never met your FEO, but I bet he is a retired police officer on his pension and now back in a civilian role, jobs for the boys comes to mind.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#59 Post by kennyc »

stuarta wrote:No I have never met your FEO, but I bet he is a retired police officer on his pension and now back in a civilian role, jobs for the boys comes to mind.
not sure what that has to do with my response to Dark Skies, however the "jobs for the boys" dig is a little uncalled for, the job requires a certain skillset, ex-plod will have that skillset, they are comfortable in the work enviroment and aware of the way things are done, the job doesn't pay well by all accounts and isn't going to appeal to the majority of people who might do it, so what if they recruit from retired Police officers? its a job society has decided (via the good graces of ACPO and their continuation) has to be done.
Polchraine

#60 Post by Polchraine »

kennyc wrote:
stuarta wrote:No I have never met your FEO, but I bet he is a retired police officer on his pension and now back in a civilian role, jobs for the boys comes to mind.
not sure what that has to do with my response to Dark Skies, however the "jobs for the boys" dig is a little uncalled for, the job requires a certain skillset, ex-plod will have that skillset, they are comfortable in the work enviroment and aware of the way things are done, the job doesn't pay well by all accounts and isn't going to appeal to the majority of people who might do it, so what if they recruit from retired Police officers? its a job society has decided (via the good graces of ACPO and their continuation) has to be done.
Have to agree.

The Met has a good mix - civilian staff without a police background, serving officers with firearms training, and at one time there was one ex-police officer that I was aware of. Certainly not "jobs for the boys" but a good mix of skill sets as well as some being from different races/culture/heritage.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.