Hunting in the Sun

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Polchraine

Hunting in the Sun

#1 Post by Polchraine »

No, not a trip to Africa but the red top ... Who earlier this week ran a very pro story, something I would not have expected.

A FORMER vegetarian has revealed how she feeds her family with animals she has hunted and shot that day.

Mum Rachel Carrie, 35, from Yorkshire, has shot and cooked 80 pheasants, 40 ducks and around 125 pigeons in the past year. Rachel Carrie with one of the deer she has killed to feed her family

She hunts with the consent of farmers and other landowners and her teenage son has been eating game since the age of four.

Carrie was a vegetarian as a girl and insists she is an animal lover who has nursed injured wildlife back to health. She believes that vegetarians and vegans should regard her as an ally.

The full story is at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9551972/e ... d-herself/

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Hunting in the Sun

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Makes a welcome change :good:
DVC
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#3 Post by Mattnall »

No, hits all the Sun's buttons: pretty lady (gawpers), posing with dead animals (outraged), having a pop at vegans/veggies (mock the crazy hippies), and don't even mention the Packhamistas.

This will get plenty of responses on their thread online, and most of it negative to whatever view point you take. There won't be many positive responses I think.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by Pippin89 »

I like the bit about vegans and veggies should see her as an ally....

About a year ago I put a picture on facebook of me and my 3 year old daughter butchering a pig together. This is a very important activity to me as I am teaching my daughter where food comes from. And also I make sure that no part of an animal is wasted so that its life isn't taken needlessly.
Of course this is the point where the militant vegan enters and claims I must be a psychopath and I am teaching my daughter to be like me blah blah blah....

I made an attempt to explain to her that she should like what I am doing as I am teaching my daughter to respect the animals that give us food and not take it for granted etc. Went right over her head as you would expect for a vegan!!