The age of digital GP's

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
X2001xr

The age of digital GP's

#1 Post by X2001xr »

So I'm sat waiting for a plane and I instant start looking at my usual set of chrome tabs for news. This article(https://www.digitalhealth.net/2019/08/b ... sing-care/) about patients leaving GP practice reducing funding and it got me thinking.

How would the FAC/SGC system certificate system cope if we were to move to a digital GP service?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: The age of digital GP's

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Your phone probably has a better idea of your overall health and lifestyle than your GP ever has!
DVC
Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

My mates GP said he wasn’t sure whether he could trust any of his patients with a firearm. My mate said, very flatly and panfaced, “Harold Shipman....”

Hopefully a digital or even virtual GP will be devoid of prejudices!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

Sim G wrote: Hopefully a digital or even virtual GP will be devoid of prejudices!
Where is the fun it that?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

Why not take the trouble to find out how your body works, and take responsibility for looking after it?
With any luck, that'll reduce the likelihood of having to consult a GP, digital or otherwise........................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

I'm 51 years old. Can still still run three miles under 24 minutes and bench press 185 for reps. I get punched, kicked and bitten regularly, almost lost an eye when it was gouged, broke eight ribs on several occasions, the same elbow twice, a wrist and my left foot in three places at the same time. I've been stabbed and hit over the head more times than I can remember, had both knees and both elbows operated on and I had a bout of palsy that was initially thought to be a stroke....

Yep my body is saying retire after 34 years in uniform, never mind what my GP says. But as my pension contributions were increased and my benefits were reduced, we've got a little longer left before I can sit and chew my co-codamol and ibuprofen cocktail in the peace and quiet, but I'll be too damn stiff to get prone behind a rifle stock...! lol
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#7 Post by Pippin89 »

Sounds like you need a drug called Syndol which is over the counter. It has paracetamol and codeine which you are already taking, but also contains Doxylamine which is a muscle relaxant. Should unstiffen you enough to get into a prone position.....
Try it before you go shooting though. I have a bit of a reaction to it which makes me high as a kite! My misses takes it without issues though....
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#8 Post by poll007 »

X2001xr wrote:
How would the FAC/SGC system certificate system cope if we were to move to a digital GP service?
Wont make a difference i don't think, as long as the police can still get the report completed.
as an example, my GP couldn't(wouldn't) fill out the form from Kent police for my renewals, so i ended up just getting it done online from another GP anyway.
As long as you can put down someones contact details as the GP it shouldn't be much of an issue.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#9 Post by Pippin89 »

poll007 wrote:
X2001xr wrote:
Wont make a difference i don't think, as long as the police can still get the report completed.
as an example, my GP couldn't(wouldn't) fill out the form from Kent police for my renewals, so i ended up just getting it done online from another GP anyway.
As long as you can put down someones contact details as the GP it shouldn't be much of an issue.
How much did that cost out of interest?
Odd Job

#10 Post by Odd Job »

poll007 wrote: Wont make a difference i don't think, as long as the police can still get the report completed.
Did the GP refuse on "conscientious" grounds or costs?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.