Gardeners guns

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Gardeners guns

#11 Post by meles meles »

Short of digging up their lawns and devouring their dahlias, we can't help much with the attitudes of your members but with regards to the shooting you need to talk to Marc Gardner directly. We've always found him to be very supportive and he'll bend over backwards to help you. He and his staff will observe every fall of shot through huge scrying glasses as you shoot and call out corrections to you, in mils or MoA as befits your preference. The steel gongs give a nice resounding ring when hit, misses, if you ever do, kick up a nice splat of dust or mud if close to the target. Of course, if you send your shot a zillion yards off beam into the bracken then those will be hard to spot. Maybe that's what your members are scared of? Being found out ? :run:
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Andy

#12 Post by Andy »

I emailed you Dave saying that I'm up for it. Infact I said straight away I'm in. I'm disappointed it didn't get a better response. We won't get any other opertunity to shoot steel at range anywhere else.
Maybe we could arrange it on here to get numbers together to go?
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#13 Post by mag41uk »

Andy wrote:I emailed you Dave saying that I'm up for it. Infact I said straight away I'm in. I'm disappointed it didn't get a better response. We won't get any other opertunity to shoot steel at range anywhere else.
Maybe we could arrange it on here to get numbers together to go?
That's a great idea. If it wasn't so far I would go along.
Can you use tracer there?
Andy

#14 Post by Andy »

Not sure as I've never been there. I'd like to.
Where the hell does one even buy tracer rounds ?
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Andy it is possible it will happen I have 20 people who want to go up to now. There is a commitee meeting shortly were I wil be proposing that the Club sponsers the event. They might stump up some money towards it. Im hoping its going to go ahead either way.
Andy

#16 Post by Andy »

Dave I was happy paying 80 quid with 10 people going so if it's 20 even better.
No need for club sponsor then.
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

If the Club doesn't want to sponsor it I will try and arrange it anyway because I'm interested in going the cost up to now would be about £40 ahead.
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

Alpha1 wrote:If the Club doesn't want to sponsor it I will try and arrange it anyway because I'm interested in going the cost up to now would be about £40 ahead.
If it doesn't work out I will just go up there on my own and pay whatever it costs.
Alpha1

#19 Post by Alpha1 »

Alpha1 wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:If the Club doesn't want to sponsor it I will try and arrange it anyway because I'm interested in going the cost up to now would be about £40 ahead.
If it doesn't work out I will just go up there on my own and pay whatever it costs.
It didn't work out the committee shuck their heads and basically said we are already subsidizing these full bore guys. So it ain't going to happen.
So I have made my own arrangements to go shoot there. There are a couple of guys in the Club who are actually members of Gardeners guns and they are more than happy for me to go up with them. It's just a shame its a lost opportunity as far as I am concerned. It's unfortunate because a lot of people wanted to go.
Andy

#20 Post by Andy »

Can we not still do this ?
Im still wanting to go.