looking for advice regarding purchase of new under lever

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: looking for advice regarding purchase of new under lever

#11 Post by GeeRam »

Mike95 wrote:You do have a number of alternatives to Remlin for a 357.....Rossi...Henry...bolt action Ruger...Uberti...
There's also Chiappa.
One of our club members has just recently bought one of these Chiappa 1892 Alaskan Take-Down's in stainless steel.......and its got a very smooth action and seem very well made, I was very impressed. His is in .44mag but they do them in .38/.357 as well.

Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: looking for advice regarding purchase of new under lever

#12 Post by Webley »

GeeRam wrote:
Mike95 wrote:You do have a number of alternatives to Remlin for a 357.....Rossi...Henry...bolt action Ruger...Uberti...
There's also Chiappa.
One of our club members has just recently bought one of these Chiappa 1892 Alaskan Take-Down's in stainless steel.......and its got a very smooth action and seem very well made, I was very impressed. His is in .44mag but they do them in .38/.357 as well.

I am very happy with it and would highly recommend one. They do 12",16" & 20" barrels with varying mag sizes all offered in 357 and 44. There are blacked out versions as well as stainless if you prefer.
The fibre optic fore sight can affect your class in some comps but could be swapped out for a bead if needed.
Have a look on youtube for reviews of it if you like the look of them, Hickok45, gunmart and sportsman guide have reviews of them for starters.

Matt