Portable shooting bench

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Portable shooting bench

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I am after some portable shooting benches I have seen them advertised before do people still make them if so does anyone know where I can get some from. I need to be able to shoot a Ruger Precision rifle of it using a bipod.
Due to the NRA screwing up access to the range we have been using 9 months of the year for the last four years I have had to change the type of ranges I book so as a Club we can carry on. Unfortunately, my member's average age is 66 so they struggle to shoot prone so I would like to acquire some portable suitable shooting benches for My Club Members to use.
forbie

Re: Portable shooting bench

#2 Post by forbie »

Form rifle stocks advertise one on their web site
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

Talk to Phaedra
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#4 Post by phaedra1106 »

PM Sent :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
The Gun Pimp

#5 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha1 wrote:I am after some portable shooting benches I have seen them advertised before do people still make them if so does anyone know where I can get some from. I need to be able to shoot a Ruger Precision rifle of it using a bipod.
Due to the NRA screwing up access to the range we have been using 9 months of the year for the last four years I have had to change the type of ranges I book so as a Club we can carry on. Unfortunately, my member's average age is 66 so they struggle to shoot prone so I would like to acquire some portable suitable shooting benches for My Club Members to use.
Diggle has four ranges with covered firing-points all with concrete benches - at 100, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

phaedra1106 wrote:PM Sent :)
Thanks.
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

The Gun Pimp wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:I am after some portable shooting benches I have seen them advertised before do people still make them if so does anyone know where I can get some from. I need to be able to shoot a Ruger Precision rifle of it using a bipod.
Diggle has four ranges with covered firing-points all with concrete benches - at 100, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.
Is it possible for clubs to book ranges at Diggle for the sole use of the club members?
The Gun Pimp

#8 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha1 wrote:
The Gun Pimp wrote:
Is it possible for clubs to book ranges at Diggle for the sole use of the club members?
Yes but PM me on targetshooteronline@icloud.com and we can discuss exactly what you are looking for.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#9 Post by phaedra1106 »

I think our club would be interested in booking a day as well, I tried the web site but it doesn't work.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
The Gun Pimp

#10 Post by The Gun Pimp »

phaedra1106 wrote:I think our club would be interested in booking a day as well, I tried the web site but it doesn't work.
Yeh - we're just swapping servers and updating the site at the same time so it will be down for a week or so. Again, PM me on targetshooteronline2icloud.com and tell me what you want.