Membership cards

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Woodworm
Home club or Range: South Hants Rifle & Pistol Club,

Membership cards

#1 Post by Woodworm »

Hi all,
Is there anyone out there whose club runs on a barcoded membership card system where people scan their cards and the attendance is stored on a database?
If so, could you point me in the right direction as I cant seem to find the right info,
Many thanks,
Colin
38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Membership cards

#2 Post by 38Super »

FDPC uses an electronic card system to register attendance and firearms used. It's isn't barcode, it's some form of 'contactless' reaser.
I'll see if I can find out what it is.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#3 Post by phaedra1106 »

My indoor club uses RFID cards to access the building, we also have individual sign-in sheets for them to record their visit and which firearms were used. There's also a second card reader to scan when members are shooting rather than just visiting the club for a chat and a cuppa.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
38Super

#4 Post by 38Super »

phaedra1106 wrote:My indoor club uses RFID cards to access the building, we also have individual sign-in sheets for them to record their visit and which firearms were used. There's also a second card reader to scan when members are shooting rather than just visiting the club for a chat and a cuppa.
Sounds like the same system we use.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Our members use a key fob to enter the building they can then use a handheld scanner in the sign-in area to swipe their membership cards. Otherwise, a paper system would prove quite challenging as we now have over 240 members.
Its probably one of the busiest clubs with the largest membership in the North East of England.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#6 Post by Pippin89 »

Yeah it sounds like you want an RFID entry system.
There are kits about like these ones that are very cheap and easy to install / program:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KKmoon-Passwor ... lp_pl_dp_2

But there are also companies out there who will do a proper professional install. If you are just using it to log who is there then a DIY kit might suffice. If you are using it more for building security then get a pro in!
CraigH
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#7 Post by CraigH »

Alpha1 wrote:Our members use a key fob to enter the building they can then use a handheld scanner in the sign-in area to swipe their membership cards. Otherwise, a paper system would prove quite challenging as we now have over 240 members.
Its probably one of the busiest clubs with the largest membership in the North East of England.
Hi, is the club based in the Louisa centre? I'm North East, and curious as to which club you belong to.

Cheers
Woodworm
Home club or Range: South Hants Rifle & Pistol Club,

#8 Post by Woodworm »

Hi all,
Thanks for your reply's. Entry to the indoor ranges are run by being let in when you ring the buzzer, viewed by cctv, so we know who is coming in. The main issue is as the club is growing in membership, to be able to keep track of usage by probationers, full members making 'x' amount of appearances each year etc is becoming a ball ache to have to go through the paper register to check basic attendance. Being that a home office approved club has to let the Police know if anyone hasn't shot in the year, by running a scan/barcode reader log in system it would hopefully make things a bit easier,
Cheers,
Colin
Gh0st

#9 Post by Gh0st »

38Super wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:My indoor club uses RFID cards to access the building, we also have individual sign-in sheets for them to record their visit and which firearms were used. There's also a second card reader to scan when members are shooting rather than just visiting the club for a chat and a cuppa.
Sounds like the same system we use.
FDPC is RFID. The software was custom built. Logs info of each shooter and they can select what firearms are being used that day and for what purpose.

We are working on new software with plenty of nice additions.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

CraigH wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:Our members use a key fob to enter the building they can then use a handheld scanner in the sign-in area to swipe their membership cards. Otherwise, a paper system would prove quite challenging as we now have over 240 members.
Hi, is the club based in the Louisa centre? I'm North East, and curious as to which club you belong to.

Cheers
No, it's on an industrial estate on the outskirts of Middlesbrough the club has been around in one way or another for over 30 years.