Warminster weapons trial Pair guilty over stolen army rifle.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

Re: Warminster weapons trial Pair guilty over stolen army ri

#61 Post by David TS »

Sim G wrote:Facts? What facts have you so presented that allows you slap each other on the back, with such relish? That the Hi-Power was his, which he deactivated? Evidently without submitting to proof, so still a firearm. But that's not what interests me. Technical breaches we should all be careful about as any of us could befall them. But dishonesty, from a character within out small sphere who was so revered and had built his reputation on his "word", now that is the intriguing part.

What you have both attempted is to subjugate the facts to fit your own narrative. And as Brian has rightly pointed out, theft is theft. And theft by employee, ie position of trust, is regarded as more severe as far as the law is concerned.

But let's take your narrative anyway. So Laidler just "helped" himself to bits from the scrap bin? And then, as I've read, put these bits together, to make a rifle that he purported to be genuine and flogged it for over five figures!! Where's there's muck there's brass, then?

And what about the poor person that bought this "bitsa" from the esteemed Mr Laidler? It could have killed whomever they are, given your version. So dishonestly appropriates the items, sells them purporting to be something else, then risks the safety of the poor individual who was duped? Thief? We could add fraud to that as well. And top that off with endangering lives! Top bloke you've decided to offer support to!

72 years old or 102 years old, "no one is above the law", a concept that has existed since 1215.

Back slapping? Where have I been 'back slapping'? (that's a statement, not requesting a reply).

From the tone of your posts, you clearly have issues with Peter Laidler, that appear to go back years. I know nothing of your history with him, it is none of my business, and I have no interest in that.

As I have previously said, I am neither defending or condemning Peter Laidler, all I have done on this thread is correct factual errors. For example, it was stated earlier in the thread that the Hi Power was stolen. No it wasn't, fact.

I see no point in me continuing to post facts, as you are taking such an emotional approach in your responses.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#62 Post by Sim G »

Emotional? You really need to learn how to discern tone in written conversation...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
DL.

#63 Post by DL. »

David T S, I'm not sure you're the squeaky clean advocate of Laidler that you wish to present.

Here is the thread where you point out that you have bought an L85A2 firing pin and flash hider from ebay:

https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18239

Here is the thread where you ask for help from the forum membership:

https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32773

I could be well off the mark and you may have had export/import licences and the necessary permissions on your FAC, but I'm guessing that due to the second post, and the interest on Laidler's case you didn't and you got your fingers burned.

Don't PM me, I'm not interested, but felt it necessary to say, from your posts you've been sailing close to the wind.
David TS
Past Supporter

#64 Post by David TS »

DL. wrote:David T S, I'm not sure you're the squeaky clean advocate of Laidler that you wish to present.

Here is the thread where you point out that you have bought an L85A2 firing pin and flash hider from ebay:

I could be well off the mark and you may have had export/import licences and the necessary permissions on your FAC, but I'm guessing that due to the second post, and the interest on Laidler's case you didn't and you got your fingers burned.

Don't PM me, I'm not interested, but felt it necessary to say, from your posts you've been sailing close to the wind.

That made me giggle green55

How to take 2 and 2, and arrive at the figure 5 8-)

Yes, you are correct, you couldn't be further off the mark!

And I didn't ask 'for help from the forum membership', I asked for owners of rifles seized by the MOD Police to contact me. Do you actually know exactly why? No......

No intention of PM'ing you whatsoever!
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#65 Post by Maggot »

Sim G wrote:uote="Maggot"]

Thank god I am out of it goodjob

Couldn’t ask in your sales thread, so I’ll ask in this conversation. Why you knocking it on the head?[/quote]

Well this fairly typical tripe doesn't help.

I am doing what I couldn't do 30 years ago back working with my old mob on the historic flight, every day there is a birthday to be honest.

However one of the prime movers is the scene in general, where I get a sinking feeling going through the gates of the NSC.

Although I am an NRA member I still reel at their institutional arrogance and readiness to take money off of people for some very poor training courses. I remember one in particular when I had virtually no input instruction wise, and could have wept as my wife bought it for a birthday present.

I am sick to death of shooters who wont budge an inch to accommodate other disciplines and would sooner see the whole lot crumble than support one another.

I am fed up with the NRAs slow strangulation of the ability to practice CSR, inconsistency on brakes, safety lanes, fall backs, lack of target.....and all for a discipline that is by and large a growing earner for them.

I am frustrated that blatant cheating is ignored, and that some matches are a hotbed for it...Phoenix

That's just the NRA....

I am concerned at the amount of absolute bullshit that is peddled about things that people have been told, usually third hand, or worse still by the club sec/know it all.

The number of times people have had to answer to "Indignant of Slurry" for doing something likely to cause the fall of "their" Empire....like shooting.....standing up.....or wearing something in pure green.

I will miss a handful of you, either in person or online....you will know who you are.

But in general the fire has gone out and the ashes ploughed in. Regardless, I wont be back but for the decent, straight down the line, passionate and safe shooters out there, I wish you all the best , enjoy your shooting and whatever you shoot, show interest not contempt, support and learn from each other.

It's all up for sale, prices are fair/silly, but still too high for some.

Bye green55
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#66 Post by Maggot »

breacher wrote:Theft is theft.

Whether it is from a scrap bin or not.

Just like it would be if worn out banknotes destined for the furnace were taken by an employee.
This was my understanding Brian. It is why technically speaking skip diving is theft as the contents belongs to the dumpee until it reaches the dump or gets picked up.

It is however not the only reason they were collared, but I think it would be wise to really study all of the evidence from day one and even then it's all been a bit of a mess.

The various firearms acts dont help, there should be NO room for interpretation on something so important to public safety.

Let's face it, most shooters are not legal Eagles, and a few can barely read
David TS
Past Supporter

#67 Post by David TS »

Maggot wrote: Regardless, I wont be back but for the decent, straight down the line, passionate and safe shooters out there, I wish you all the best , enjoy your shooting and whatever you shoot, show interest not contempt, support and learn from each other.

And likewise :good:
David TS
Past Supporter

#68 Post by David TS »

DL. wrote:David T S, I'm not sure you're the squeaky clean advocate of Laidler that you wish to present.

NOWHERE in this thread have I claimed to be an 'advocate' of Peter Laidler, I have deliberately refrained from making any comment regarding him. All I have done is corrected inaccurate comments made regarding the case, but certain people don't want to hear that.

I would also add that it is interesting that you spent the time to trawl through all my past posts just looking for some dirt to dig against me, and then requote it here for all to see, in some apparent attempt to discredit me in some way.

I hope that made you feel better goodjob

I shan't be doing the same, I don't feel the need to act that way.
jimbo303

#69 Post by jimbo303 »

May I politely ask the Moderators that this Thread be closed or locked or whatever.

Personally, I feel that it has run its course. Every participant has voiced their opinion and it is clearly a matter that has been dealt with under Law and toing and froing further wont change that. As ever - not everyone agrees with everyone and I dont like reading/seeing rising tensions on a fabulous Forum like this one.

My two penneth worth....
J
David TS
Past Supporter

#70 Post by David TS »

jimbo303 wrote:May I politely ask the Moderators that this Thread be closed or locked or whatever.

Personally, I feel that it has run its course. Every participant has voiced their opinion and it is clearly a matter that has been dealt with under Law and toing and froing further wont change that. As ever - not everyone agrees with everyone and I dont like reading/seeing rising tensions on a fabulous Forum like this one.

My two penneth worth....
J

I was thinking the same, couldn't agree more.