The Times article on Practicle Shooting

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
RDC

Re: The Times article on Practicle Shooting

#31 Post by RDC »

strangesam wrote:
BamBam wrote:CLC is a co-director of gunroomtv, the other director, Alex Moreton, is communications officer for the UKPSA.

Moreton owns Bluefield Sports, where CLC is based and also Magload where CLC is co-director with Connors.
And suddenly my desire to join UKPSA and purchase products from Magload (which I was seriously considering) has vanished.

The UKPSA is much more than Callum. It's an organisation where lots of people are working around the country to put on matches and increase the numbers of those who safely enjoy practical shooting sports.

As for Magload, Conners makes some fantastic kit and is a lovely bloke who'd go out of his way to help anyone. Again, magload is more than just Callum.
Christel
Site Admin

#32 Post by Christel »

RDC, that may be however "by association" is a very dangerous thing.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#33 Post by Gh0st »

BamBam wrote:I told CLC over the phone that he needed to keep his head down until his situation was resolved.
Kept him talking for 20 minutes when he phoned to shout at me about the meme used to out him.
He also squeaked some veiled threats, which shows his lack of character.

As the one who publicly outed him for having lost his certificates I am hated by him and the members of his clique.

I've redacted the names of everyone else.

That was about his video where he claimed straight pull rifles were being banned, another knee jerk response when he had no facts.
He claimed at the time that his certificate revocation was a rumour, later he would confirm this with a crocodile teared video, once he had seen the meme, called me and then confirmed that his certificates were revoked due to a "personal incident" his words to me.
What do you mean by publicly outed him? I’m guessing your not going to post a screen shot from CLC on the whole story on, i think it was a UKPSA thread.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#34 Post by Dark Skies »

Every time I see someone mention this guy's name I can pretty much guarantee that the original thread is now lost and the same old same old is going to be trundled out by the same people. If his ego is really as big as people say it is then he must love the attention that will ensue.
It serves no purpose and, well, it's kinda boring to read for the rest of us.

Worse than being boring though is that YOU ENSURE that this guy is the guy the media peeps will keep on going to for his views that they can either use outright or distort for their own agenda. 'This is the chap the shooting community want to silence, let's give him a bell for his thoughts.'
Given you can't shut him up how about denying him the oxygen of publicity? Or at least having a Grumpy Old Man thread you can hate on him to your hearts' content without hijacking other threads?
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#35 Post by dromia »

The thing is that he represents no-one but himself and his postulating and averring are his own views 'pon which all will judge him and see him in any way as representing law abiding gun owners.

I don't know him and all I have see about him have been via links on here but from that he comes over to me as a self serving, narcissistic, egotistical twat that is using gun ownership as a plank for his own futherment. It does not surprise me that he has had is FAC revoked as someone with such poor judgement really shouldn't be trusted.

Now if that is how I see him as a person who initially is sympathetic to anything dealing with the issue of the absurd gun laws in this country then how does the herd see his conjecturing and consequently see all legal gun owners in his light.

Responsible gun owners should not give such egotists oxygen and distance themselves from him for the sake of all legal gun owners, which should always be remembered he is not, he was and was found wanting.

As the great bard said "what a gift the god would gie us, to see oorselves as others see us".

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
BamBam

#36 Post by BamBam »

Gh0st wrote:
What do you mean by publicly outed him? I’m guessing your not going to post a screen shot from CLC on the whole story on, i think it was a UKPSA thread.
I should have used "publicly outed" but you love screenshots so you go ahead.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#37 Post by Gh0st »

BamBam wrote:
Gh0st wrote:
I should have used "publicly outed" but you love screenshots so you go ahead.
? Believe you’re the one who posted the screen shot? Just wondered if you wanted to balance your argument with CLC response to the same question. You know give everyone a chance of seeing both sides of the story.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
BamBam

#38 Post by BamBam »

Dark Skies wrote:Every time I see someone mention this guy's name I can pretty much guarantee that the original thread is now lost and the same old same old is going to be trundled out by the same people. If his ego is really as big as people say it is then he must love the attention that will ensue.
It serves no purpose and, well, it's kinda boring to read for the rest of us.

Worse than being boring though is that YOU ENSURE that this guy is the guy the media peeps will keep on going to for his views that they can either use outright or distort for their own agenda. 'This is the chap the shooting community want to silence, let's give him a bell for his thoughts.'
Given you can't shut him up how about denying him the oxygen of publicity? Or at least having a Grumpy Old Man thread you can hate on him to your hearts' content without hijacking other threads?
As he was mentioned in the article and the video was all him, the only way to deny him any publicity is to ignore everything and anything from the organisations he is attached to and publications where he is mentioned.

And how do I find Grumpy Old Men section?
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#39 Post by Fedaykin »

I used to have a fair amount of time for Callum as it is rare for someone to be prepared to stick their head above the parapet to defend our sport.

My view has changed over time, having to go through the comments section of his ill conceived 'Information' videos to correct his technical mistakes and explain to non-shooters that his interpretation of the law was incorrect became tiresome. He would even get very simple stuff wrong!

He needs to wind his neck in and stay out of things but his ego says otherwise, his comments about access to Hand Guns in NI are tone death to the highest degree. The Antis must love him!
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#40 Post by Dark Skies »

BamBam wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:...

And how do I find Grumpy Old Men section?
You have to opt in to it.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."