Firearms Security Handbook

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: Firearms Security Handbook

#11 Post by Pinguino »

Index

Safe-keeping of keys Sec 2.59

Actually Sec 2.59 doesn't exist - it's 2.58... but hell it's only a document that's taken 14 years to update goodjob
dave_303

#12 Post by dave_303 »

Rockhopper wrote:Derbyshire announced a few days ago that monitored alarms are now required if you have twelve or more guns (sum of shotguns plus firearms) but went on to say that the text message alert type are acceptable.
I have read the new handbook just yet to see how that fits in.

It doesn't,

"2.1 For these purposes, a “substantial” number of firearms should be considered with regard to the type of
firearms, their potential danger if misused and their likely attractiveness to criminals.
At the lower end the number might vary between six and ten, depending on the type of firearm concerned,
whilst anything over ten would rarely be lower than level 2. It must be stressed, however, that it is not
enough to base an assessment on the number of firearms alone – all factors mentioned above and
in paragraph 2.20 should be taken into account. Sound moderators, spare barrels, spare cylinders and
component parts should not be considered as part of the total"

If you're a BASC/NRA member, I would contact and contest, other forces do this, including my own. Often their policies seem to state that the number of guns is the deciding factor and ignore all else
Rockhopper

#13 Post by Rockhopper »

Yes I discovered that after I read the book yesterday. I don’t have that many guns so it won’t come up for me.