Condemned by closed minds - BASC

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
MistAgain

Re: Condemned by closed minds - BASC

#11 Post by MistAgain »

RDC wrote:
Fedaykin wrote: "Cadets?" - The various Cadet organisations are doing a very good job of killing off shooting for Cadets themselves without the help of Liverpool City Council.

"Schools?" - How many schools shoot these days?
Cadets, loads shooting nearly every weekend just north of Liverpool at Altcar.

Schools, quite a few grammar schools.
Lets hope the lard mayor doesnt know there is a rifle range there or he might try and close it down
and build a holiday camp for dossers and druggies in its place .
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

I know the link pre-dates the OP however it highlights the attitude of Liverpool City Council.
“This Council declares its complete opposition to any form of hunting live animals with hounds or shooting live game, in the UK or overseas. We note that this is barbaric in all cases, and in many cases also threatens species that are already precarious.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... d-17053591

I am of the opinion that the show would not have happened regardless of what Liverpool City Council thinks or does.

However it is a worrying trend that is emerging when hunting in general is described as vile. (See letter from Tony Reeves in link)

If only Liverpool City Council and the like would fight to get rid of abattoirs 8-)

BASC's response:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... e-17057987
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#13 Post by Lancs Lad »

RDC wrote:
Fedaykin wrote: "Cadets?" - The various Cadet organisations are doing a very good job of killing off shooting for Cadets themselves without the help of Liverpool City Council.

"Schools?" - How many schools shoot these days?
Cadets, loads shooting nearly every weekend just north of Liverpool at Altcar.

Schools, quite a few grammar schools.

Many is the time that our club's shoot has been cancelled / delayed due to cadet's shooting requirements at Altcar ... but that's okay. It's their range and if you take the time to ask them how much they enjoy it, you would be very pleasantly surprised.
As such, I'm always glad to see them out on the FP.

:flag13: LL