Gun Crime UK

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Gun Crime UK

#111 Post by Pippin89 »

froggy wrote:Froggy, interesting thought for you. How do you think that situation would have played out if both you and the mob had been armed?

We will never know for sure. It was a fairly "traumatic" experience & I replayed the scenario in my head many times if only to analyse how I dealt with it .

Had they had gone offensive on that day, my chances of safe escape would have been very small. The place had gone in utter chaos, shops were ransacked, cars smashed, people were beaten-up all around me , not a policeman in sight for days etc... etc ... Interestingly the only shop that remained intact was the one protected by tooled-up Kurds...

As it happened, I think I did the right thing, ie : I remained calm, using my Krav training I positioned myself, bluffed confidently & aggressively my way out of the situation & legged it. I guess, had I had been armed, I would have done absolutely & exactly the same but with the added confidence that at any moment producing a firearm would have dissuade them to back off without even the need to open fire.
Definitely sounds like you played it right. You got away from it at the end of the day... If only you had a gun of course it would be easy. My concern is that if both sides had one. I cannot see a good ending to that situation unfortunately!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#112 Post by froggy »

A fair number of people train in Krav as a result of previous "incidents" . Nowdays knife carrying & readiness to mindlessly use them is also far more prevalent. Awareness, common sense & bare hands vs knifes is the reality.

Thankfully back in 2011, my wife & son were away from London. Once at home with my street descending in utter chaos & anarchy I slept with a antique collection katana by my bed pondering what would I do if those riots & the level of violence were to escalate further and what could I do if the rioters smashing commercial proprieties were to turn to private homes. It was not a pleasant experience & I do not wish it on anyone except maybe on preaching politicians who enjoy armed protection lol
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#113 Post by Pippin89 »

froggy wrote:A fair number of people train in Krav as a result of previous "incidents" . Nowdays knife carrying & readiness to mindlessly use them is also far more prevalent. Awareness, common sense & bare hands vs knifes is the reality.

Thankfully back in 2011, my wife & son were away from London. Once at home with my street descending in utter chaos & anarchy I slept with a antique collection katana by my bed pondering what would I do if those riots & the level of violence were to escalate further and what could I do if the rioters smashing commercial proprieties were to turn to private homes. It was not a pleasant experience & I do not wish it on anyone except maybe on preaching politicians who enjoy armed protection lol
I don't envy you being there at that time. My brother in law was a riot control officer who was drafted there to help. He said they didn't have a hope in hell against them. I am amazed more people weren't killed...

Apparently the looters regretted destroying the local job centre when they turned up there the following day to sign on! lol
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#114 Post by Racalman »

breacher wrote:What if, in your scenario, its not your wallet but your wife or daughter ?
Reminds me of a T shirt slogan:

I have a pretty daughter

I also have a rifle and a shovel