Old Scopes

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Crif

Old Scopes

#1 Post by Crif »

I was having a clear out the other day and found some of my old scopes.
2 x Bausch and Lombe Balfor 4x32
And a Pecar 4-10x45
I know where they all came from but history wise there isnt much on the net about the B&L. I also have a couple of sets of Ruger scope mounts as well.
Anybody any new info on the B&L scopes or even the Pecar?
Thanks
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Old Scopes

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Pecar is always good glass and the 4-10x45 is a great 'scope,in fact I have one here waiting for something to nail it to. The B&L I am not so sure about, so would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts. I have looked through them a couple of times and was never 100% impressed which struck me as odd as I still have some original B&L Ray-Ban sunglasses which are brilliant.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#3 Post by waterford103 »

Did Bausch and Lomb not become Bushnell at some stage
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by 1066 »

waterford103 wrote:Did Bausch and Lomb not become Bushnell at some stage
Certainly a tie-up somewhere - I have a Bushnell Elite around 10 years old and the same scope was listed as B&L.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#5 Post by FredB »

bauxch and Lomb is a manufacturer, Bushnel is not. Bushnel sources and distributes high quality scopes, mainly from japan.
I have a Lyman Super target spot scope which has optics made by B&L.
Fred
Crif

#6 Post by Crif »

Bushnell did have a tie in with B&L but B&L withdrew their licence agreement so there ended the relationship. This only what I found online.
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by Strangely Brown »

FredB wrote:bauxch and Lomb is a manufacturer, Bushnel is not. Bushnel sources and distributes high quality scopes, mainly from japan.
Bushnell went bust a few years ago leaving those of us retailing their products with an almighty headache.
Looking back they were always difficult to do business with but were first with trail cameras which were a good line until the majority of which went tits up shortly after Bushnell went into administration.
Mick