Brattonsound cabinet

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Peter Leigh
Home club or Range: chepstow Rifle Club

Brattonsound cabinet

#1 Post by Peter Leigh »

I have a Brattonsound cabinet with fitted lockable internal ammo box, the ammo box part now needs expanding. I noticed there are 4 holes in the bottom corners of the ammo box part that seem to be available for some sort of bolt fix add on. Has anyone made an extra ammo box made to fit?, brattonsound don't seem to make an addon.? At the moment just using a lockable cash box inside the main cabinet but its just a nuisance getting in the way. wallhead
Peter
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Brattonsound cabinet

#2 Post by GeeRam »

That's why I bought a Brattonsound without the internal lockable cubby box.....
And bought one of their pistol/ammo cabinets to sit on top of the main cabinet instead.

That's probably your only option.
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

Call Brattonsound directly - they are always helpful. The will tell you what the holes are for and if there is an "unknown" add-on. You can also ask if they will make one for you if you cannot have an external ammo box.

I have a special, made to order cabinet, 1308 tall with top box plus two full shelves to store cameras and other items. Extra cost - very minimal

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#4 Post by Andy632 »

Get a decent extra ammo safe, you will need it eventually
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Peter Leigh
Home club or Range: chepstow Rifle Club

#5 Post by Peter Leigh »

Thanks folks...I'll give brattonsound a ring but otherwise its an 'external safe' then.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#6 Post by GeeRam »

As I mentioned above, this was the setup I had in my previous house.

Brattonsound PD7 pistol/ammo cabinet sitting on top of a Brattonsound RD7+ rifle cabinet.
Attachments
Cabinets.jpg
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#7 Post by J4mes »

I think you'd need a massive safe in order to get all your ammo in a separate compartment inside. I bought an external safe which I thought would be plenty big enough, but now wish I'd bought something twice the size!
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#8 Post by Andy632 »

J4mes wrote:I think you'd need a massive safe in order to get all your ammo in a separate compartment inside. I bought an external safe which I thought would be plenty big enough, but now wish I'd bought something twice the size!
Something like mine https://imgur.com/6K4yfiM
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#9 Post by Pippin89 »

J4mes wrote:I think you'd need a massive safe in order to get all your ammo in a separate compartment inside. I bought an external safe which I thought would be plenty big enough, but now wish I'd bought something twice the size!
Yup. I seriously regret not getting a bigger ammo safe. It is fine for my smallbore and fullbore allowance but I also like to keep my shotgun cartridges in there (I know you don't have to but I prefer having them in there) and I have to limit how much I buy or it won't all fit. I can get about 250 in there with my full allowance of rifle ammo. Might just have to get another one for SG carts! haha
Polchraine

#10 Post by Polchraine »

Pippin89 wrote: Yup. I seriously regret not getting a bigger ammo safe. It is fine for my smallbore and fullbore allowance but I also like to keep my shotgun cartridges in there
I would need a full size MT9 to store all mine along with re-inforced joists. 1000 cartridges weigh around 40kg, so with say 2500 plus cabinet you would get 150-160kg or two people which is certainly something to think about.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.