Shooting Sports magazine

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Shooting Sports magazine

#1 Post by redcat »

Just received news that Shooting Sports magazine has ceased publication.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Shooting Sports magazine

#2 Post by Sim G »

Now that’s a shame. But I can’t say it’s a shock!

I first read Pete Moore in Combat and Survival. Then Guns and Weapon User, morphing eventually I to Shooting Sports. I still have a couple of copies of Shooting Sports pre handgun ban. The guns that were available then, from the plethora of gun shops, is enough to make you weep!

But, there were in later years the accusations that you never got a bad review because of advertising revenue and it was just same old, same old. I imagine Moore is in his 60s now and hopefully able to retire with the magazine’s demise. But it never really moved on and I stopped subscribing years ago. But sad none the less.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Probably 'What Gun' has propped it up for years.
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#4 Post by Pinguino »

Hmmm! The June 2020 edition didn't materialise and instead this is what I got from my online subscription through Pocket Magazines. Hopefully they will inform their subscribers if they have ceased publication completely.
Attachments
0000.jpg
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#5 Post by redcat »

Shooting Sports is to be incorporated into Gun Mart.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Pinguino

#6 Post by Pinguino »

Got an email from Pocket Magazines (where I but my shooting Sport subscription). They said magazine will be back in print in August
The Event

#7 Post by The Event »

I got an email from Shooting Sports Magazine that said the following,

Dear Subscriber

I’m writing to let you know that unfortunately, Shooting Sports magazine has closed with immediate effect, however, we are incorporating the title into its sister publication Gun Mart and retaining its well-known editorial team.

We are pleased to say that we have been able to replace your subscription copies of Shooting Sports with a subscription to Gun Mart Magazine, which we hope you’ll enjoy reading.

Gun Mart magazine is one of the oldest shooting titles in the UK (over 39 years old) and encompasses all the shooting disciplines. It is the marketplace for the shooting sports world. Our website gunmart.net is the largest review-based resource on the net and offers an amazing amount of information for the shooting enthusiast.

Our expert writers are well known and respected for their knowledge and passion of the sport we will continue to bring you a diverse range of shooting articles covering all disciplines together with the pre-eminent marketplace for dealers to showcase their products.

For each issue of Shooting Sports that you were due to receive, you will instead receive 1 issue of Gun mart. If you are already a Gun Mart subscriber, we will be happy to extend your Gun Mart subscription by the relevant amount to take into account your remaining copies of Shooting Sports. Please note that after the transfer, the remainder of your subscription term will be non-refundable.

What do you need to do?

It is very important that you let us know immediately if you do not want your subscription transferred to Gun Mart. If you would prefer a refund for the remainder of your Shooting Sports subscription, please write or call us within the next 14 days. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you are happy with the above arrangements and your subscription will be transferred to Gun Mart on a permanent basis and will become non-refundable. Please remember to contact to us within the next two weeks if you wish to claim a refund.
Pinguino

#8 Post by Pinguino »

aaarggh

Well we will just have to wait and see then