When does a strightpull rifle become a pump action?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: When does a strightpull rifle become a pump action?

#21 Post by Sim G »

IainWR wrote:
The story also goes that the bit in S28 (1B) Firearms Act 1968 as amended:

...was inserted because Hurd finally figured out that without something like that his late father's pair of Purdeys, value £40k or some such, that he had on ticket, would be going in the smelter.

And that does not surprise me at all, Iain! As we're on about duplicitous MPs ( General Shooting related)

Story goes that with the '97 Amendment, the Rt Hon Alan Clark MP was a member of a Kent shooting club as he lived in Saltwood. Had a fairly plain Jane collection, but of the quality stuff such as Sig P210s. When the conversations were going round the club about buying rifles with the 30 pieces of silver, good old Alan said (paraphrased) "Don't have to worry about that, my friend and neighbour is the Home Secretary, I'll get s5." He left the club after the ban, like so many people did. But guys used to say they'd be walking their dogs past Saltwood Castle where he lived and hear the unmistakeable sound of 9mm....!! Allegedly you had to like him, as he was just a real old fashioned scoundrel who didn't give a chuff about anyone but him.

And don't get me onto Lord Coe or the unfortunate Charles Kennedy....!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: When does a strightpull rifle become a pump action?

#22 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:
IainWR wrote:
The story also goes that the bit in S28 (1B) Firearms Act 1968 as amended:

...was inserted because Hurd finally figured out that without something like that his late father's pair of Purdeys, value £40k or some such, that he had on ticket, would be going in the smelter.

And that does not surprise me at all, Iain! As we're on about duplicitous MPs ( General Shooting related)

Story goes that with the '97 Amendment, the Rt Hon Alan Clark MP was a member of a Kent shooting club as he lived in Saltwood. Had a fairly plain Jane collection, but of the quality stuff such as Sig P210s. When the conversations were going round the club about buying rifles with the 30 pieces of silver, good old Alan said (paraphrased) "Don't have to worry about that, my friend and neighbour is the Home Secretary, I'll get s5." He left the club after the ban, like so many people did. But guys used to say they'd be walking their dogs past Saltwood Castle where he lived and hear the unmistakeable sound of 9mm....!! Allegedly you had to like him, as he was just a real old fashioned scoundrel who didn't give a chuff about anyone but him.

And don't get me onto Lord Coe or the unfortunate Charles Kennedy....!!
I'm not surprised about Clark, I could like Clark knowing what I know but those other two.....