Covid19 restrictions on outdoor ranges

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Covid19 restrictions on outdoor ranges

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Can anybody clarify the updated restrictions on outdoor shooting ranges, with regards to
Masks, googles, gloves, sanitizing sprays, and distancing, numbers of shooters etc etc etc...
The Government seems to change its advice and restrictions day by day. Has the NRA produced anything ?
There seems to be more freedom going to the Pub, transport, or shopping than shooting in the open air.
Chapuis

Re: Covid19 restrictions on outdoor ranges

#2 Post by Chapuis »

It may help if you specify a country Bill, as each devolved government may have a different take on it.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#3 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
My range is in the greater Manchester area
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by Pete »

Bisley is working OK, with liberal hand sanitiser stations, reminders to keep your distance, and people applying common sense.............no requirement for masks, or gloves on the ranges, and I didn't see a google anywhere........

If you're using the supplied tablets, (which are in plastic sleeves), or a radio, just wipe them off with sanitiser after use before replacing them in the box provided.........simples.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by IainWR »

There's a bunch of stuff on the NRA News page. Tick the Covid-19 filter to get it all.

https://nra.org.uk/news/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Your Club Secretary should have the information or the person who is booking your ranges.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
Can anybody clarify the updated restrictions on outdoor shooting ranges, with regards to
Masks, googles, gloves, sanitizing sprays, and distancing, numbers of shooters etc etc etc...
The Government seems to change its advice and restrictions day by day. Has the NRA produced anything ?
There seems to be more freedom going to the Pub, transport, or shopping than shooting in the open air.
If you are a member of a club that books MOD ranges you should be asking these questions of the Guy that books your ranges not posting on a forum. Whoever books your ranges should be informing the membership of the requirements.
Whoever books your ranges is responsible for submitting a COVID Risk assessment for every range he books informing the MOD how the Club is going to run the range. If the MOD accepts it that is how the range will be run.
There are various documents to be supplied to support the bid including the RCO details. The first aiders details etc etc etc. There is also a track and trace document that should be filled in by everyone that attends the shoot.

You are allowed 30 people per shoot. I have split our full bore shoots up into a morning and an afternoon session.

29 shooter,s in the morning plus an RCO.
29 shooter,s in the afternoon plus an RCO.

I have two sets of documentation approved by the MOD one for the morning and another for the afternoon.

Do your Club Secretaries not speak to you people how do you manage to ever get to shoot on a MOD range. I have sucsesfully run two MOD ranges and have another four allocated.