1911 in their avatar

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

1911 in their avatar

#1 Post by Sim G »

Quick question to make contact with a member here I think.

Who has an avatar of the right side of 1911 in a holster? It’s quite a distinctive picture.

Thanks
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
andrew375

Re: 1911 in their avatar

#3 Post by andrew375 »

That'll be me. That's the 1911 A1 that was stolen off me by my government in 1998 , along with my GSP and others. The holster was one I made myself. I used both in over 20 years of practical shooting.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#4 Post by waterford103 »

andrew375 wrote:That'll be me. That's the 1911 A1 that was stolen off me by my government in 1998 , along with my GSP and others. The holster was one I made myself. I used both in over 20 years of practical shooting.
Was that a MAJEX built one ?
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

Good man! Thanks for that!

PM sent Andrew.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!