FAC renewals during Covid 19?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

Re: FAC renewals during Covid 19?

#11 Post by 450 Martini »

I'm with Staffordshire and had the same 8 week extension which runs out this week. I have tried to get in contact with them but have had no response. It was similar five years ago when i had a expired FAC for two months and a cover letter from my FEO stating that i did not require a section 7 certificate.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#12 Post by ukrifleman »

I sent my paperwork in 24 hours after receiving the renewal notification.

I emailed them a couple of days later for verification that they had received it.

I had a phone call a couple of weeks later from a FEO, who went through the paperwork over the phone.

I heard nothing more, until I received written notification that I had an 8 week extension to my certificates just before they expired.

The next step was an email 10 days after my tickets expired, to clarify a minor detail and informing me that my certificates were being processed.

My coterminous certificates and black powder permit arrived the next day in the post, no mention of medical reports and no visit (as yet!)

All in all a pretty painless exercise, well done Norfolk/Suffolk firearms dept!

ukrifleman.
twiz1983

#13 Post by twiz1983 »

Avon and Somerset. I submitted my Renewal early August and it was renewed 11 days later.

However it has been so long since I have been to the GP. They had struck me off apparently. Despite having no letter, call. So have had to register at a new one. Then have my records transferred. But this is being done retrospectively.
James84

#14 Post by James84 »

Submitted my renewal to Hampshire electronically on the 04th August and just had my new FAC through the door yesterday, so 5 weeks from start to finish. That includes a back and forth with the doctors as they refused to provide the requested information as nobody funds it, but my licensing department dealt with it.

Excellent service.
Graham M

#15 Post by Graham M »

I emailed Staff's and asked them if there was anything I should be doing whilst waiting for my certificates to be dealt with. They emailed me back telling me that there was nothing for me to do and apologised for the delay and put it down to the massive overload of work, but if the extension ran out before they could deal with it they would issue me with temporary cert's.
Nothing said about me getting a doctor's letter, and puzzled me why they could find time to issue a temporary ticket but not a proper one......unless they were still in the process of contacting referees.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by millemigliadave »

I'm (still) very impressed with Hampshire, my renewal was turned around very promptly, without issue.
Landrover 130
Home club or Range: North Cotes

#17 Post by Landrover 130 »

Took Humberside about 3 months with mine earlier in the year, renewal was in within the required 8 weeks prior to expiry and extension letter was received and grant a few weeks afterwards, did my wifes grant interview at same time as my certificate was brought round, quick check of cabinets etc and her certificate arrived in the post a week later.

I think if we had been a couple of weeks later date wise they would probably not have done her grant but as the process was started before lockdown and the cheque cashed it carried on anyway although i have heard some forces have returned forms and cheques regardless of how long they were in before lockdown
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Humberside are usually quite good. I am Lincolnshire and my SGC renewal is mid January 2021 and I have just submitted my letter to my GP which is required before I can apply for my renewal. I have a feeling a coterminous could be the way forward and will have a word with them about it when they open at 13:00
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Graham M

#19 Post by Graham M »

When I got my black powder licence earlier this year my FEO organised it so that it would run out along with my coterminous FAC and SC.
That way they are now being all renewed together.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Graham M

#20 Post by Graham M »

Well my 8 week extension ran out so I contacted Staff's to see about a temporary certificate and got this reply.

Thank you for your email.

Having looked at your records I can see that the applications have been processed and are now pending a telephone interview with one of our Enquiry Officers. The officer should be in touch shortly.

So hopefully things will now move on a little. Hope so because my ticket ran out at the end of July.