FAC renewals during Covid 19?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: FAC renewals during Covid 19?

#21 Post by Strangely Brown »

I had mine in 14 weeks before it was due to expire, (Wiltshire) it arrived ten days before the the old one expired.
No medical paperwork and no visit or conversation with my FEO although I understand he did phone one of my referees.
Mick
Graham M

#22 Post by Graham M »

Had my phone call at 16.00 today. Everything went OK except for the fact that they had lost my Beretta O/U and didn't know that I had already bought a .44 Cap & Ball revolver, which they still had down as waiting to be purchased.
It was also pointed out that my Black Powder box had to be chained to a wall, which was something I hadn't been aware of and had not been pointed out when my FEO came to inspect it.
Still, it's now in the pipeline with just a check-in with my Doctor's surgery to verify my application details.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
PeterN

#23 Post by PeterN »

My FAC/SGC were due to expire mid September. I applied to renew online at the beginning of June. The FEO came to see me at the end of July and checked every firearm and shotgun serial number. It took a little while. She left my new certificates with me then. I noticed they had been printed in mid June. No doctor nonsense. Well done North Yorkshire.
Regards
Peter.
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#24 Post by 450 Martini »

New Tickets arrived yesterday after a phone interview last week, all present and correct with another .303 slot and ammo allowances upped a little bit as i was having difficulty feeding seven .303 rifles with an allowance of 300.
Graham M

#25 Post by Graham M »

Yes I was questioned by the FEO (I hadn't dealt with her before) about my 6000 22RF ammo allowance, but accepted my explanation about the number of 22 match competitions I shot in, as well as the vermin control ammo, and she was OK with it.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#26 Post by GeeRam »

Strangely Brown wrote:I had mine in 14 weeks before it was due to expire, (Wiltshire) it arrived ten days before the the old one expired.
No medical paperwork and no visit or conversation with my FEO although I understand he did phone one of my referees.
Wiltshire just messed up my good mate’s (and his wife's) renewal last week.

He and his wife’s FAC/SGC’s were due to expire while they were away on holiday, and with them living in a remote location they decided to put their guns into their RFD as a double precaution. They emailed the FET to tell them that they were doing the week before they went on holiday after putting the guns into the RFD (and 2 months after they had submitted the renewals).

When they got home from hols last weekend, their new certs were waiting for them, so all looked OK until checking the certs, and Wilts FET had basically gave them both ‘new blank slots’ and not transferred all the serial numbers of their guns over to the new certs!
My mate contacted them on Monday and their reply was “We weren’t going to put the serials on as you notified us that you were no longer in possession, and the RFD can just enter all the details when you pick them up” :o kukkuk
When my mate told me this on Monday eve, I said, I bet they can’t do that, as it will be like reselling them?
He was going there today to collect them all, and so I rang him this evening asking if he picked them up OK, and surprise, surprise, the RFD said he couldn’t release them as the serial numbers were not on the certs and they couldn’t see a way of doing it without filling in a Form 11 as if they were selling them to he and his wife.
What a clusterf**k.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

My medical application to my GP has been in for around 3 or 4 weeks now and until Lincolnshire firearms acknowledge receipt of it I cannot apply for my renewal. No medical form = no renewal.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#28 Post by Strangely Brown »

GeeRam wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:I had mine in 14 weeks before it was due to expire, (Wiltshire) it arrived ten days before the the old one expired.
Wiltshire just messed up my good mate’s (and his wife's) renewal last week.

He and his wife’s FAC/SGC’s were due to expire while they were away on holiday, and with them living in a remote location they decided to put their guns into their RFD as a double precaution. They emailed the FET to tell them that they were doing the week before they went on holiday after putting the guns into the RFD (and 2 months after they had submitted the renewals).

When they got home from hols last weekend, their new certs were waiting for them, so all looked OK until checking the certs, and Wilts FET had basically gave them both ‘new blank slots’ and not transferred all the serial numbers of their guns over to the new certs!
My mate contacted them on Monday and their reply was “We weren’t going to put the serials on as you notified us that you were no longer in possession, and the RFD can just enter all the details when you pick them up” :o kukkuk
When my mate told me this on Monday eve, I said, I bet they can’t do that, as it will be like reselling them?
He was going there today to collect them all, and so I rang him this evening asking if he picked them up OK, and surprise, surprise, the RFD said he couldn’t release them as the serial numbers were not on the certs and they couldn’t see a way of doing it without filling in a Form 11 as if they were selling them to he and his wife.
What a clusterf**k.
I should have checked mine more carefully; realised last night that a vacant variation had fallen off the new certificate, it will be in the post first thing Monday!
Mick
markd290

#29 Post by markd290 »

I called my local licensing department earlier today to chase up my renewal as it's now been about 3 months since I posted it off. The guy I spoke to said that between the covid situation and the change of licensing manager they'd just had they were up to their eyes in work. Basically they're prioritising renewals that are overdue or about to expire, so because I put mine in early (anticipating issues because of covid) I'm not a priority. Frustrating because I also put in for a few new slots with the renewal, so those are being held up too
Graham M

#30 Post by Graham M »

Received my tickets this morning ........................ and they have forgotten to put my Beretta O/U on the SC. **** ****