Kings Lynn St Michaels Gun Club

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dgw65

Re: Kings Lynn St Michaels Gun Club

#11 Post by dgw65 »

I don’t want to ask about membership, that information is on the website. I want to ask other questions pertaining to the club but I can’t get an answer out of them, I don’t see what replying to an email has to do with transmitting covid but I’m giving them the benefit in case there’s some rational explanation - I was hoping to find an ‘in’ via a member is all.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#12 Post by Mattnall »

Most clubs are run by a very small group of members on a voluntary basis (sometimes only one members keeps it all together).

I would think the fact they are not taking on new members and have advertised that fact means the 'few' are taking the opportunity to get on with their real lives that pays the bills and will eventually keep them shooting. I'm sure when things get back to near normal than you'll get your reply.
Remember these institutions are a labour of love and a thankless one at that, members do not have the time to keep checking or answering emails even in the normal times.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
dgw65

#13 Post by dgw65 »

Mattnall wrote:Most clubs are run by a very small group of members on a voluntary basis (sometimes only one members keeps it all together).

I would think the fact they are not taking on new members and have advertised that fact means the 'few' are taking the opportunity to get on with their real lives that pays the bills and will eventually keep them shooting. I'm sure when things get back to near normal than you'll get your reply.
Remember these institutions are a labour of love and a thankless one at that, members do not have the time to keep checking or answering emails even in the normal times.
I get what you're saying but don't agree about answering emails, I get lots of emails and have a real life but I still answer them, might take me a day or two if I'm busy but it only takes a couple of minutes to reply to an email, or at least acknowledge receipt of one. Checking for emails is something I've not done since dial-up, they just appear and make themselves known, literally no effort or time required.

There's a myriad reasons why I may not have had replies but the point of my thread wasn't to berate KLSM about emails I just wondered if any of their members happened to be on here because they'd probably be able to either help me themselves or put me in touch with someone who can. If I have to wait I will.

Lots of small businesses and organisations have gone to the wall recently and I'm really hoping this isn't one of them because from what I can glean from the website they're a tidy little club who'd be ideal for me.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#14 Post by Mattnall »

Rest assured KLSM are still going strong, I shot with a load of them at the Imperial CSR championships two weeks ago, they had more than one team entered in both the Methuen and the Falling Plates matches too, if I remember correctly.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
dgw65

#15 Post by dgw65 »

Mattnall wrote:Rest assured KLSM are still going strong, I shot with a load of them at the Imperial CSR championships two weeks ago, they had more than one team entered in both the Methuen and the Falling Plates matches too, if I remember correctly.
Oh good well that’s encouraging, thanks.