Remington bankruptcy sale

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

Re: Remington bankruptcy sale

#11 Post by channel12 »

Chapuis wrote:From what I have read elsewhere its not a done deal none of Remington has actually been sold yet, these are just the preferred bidders to buy the various sections out of liquidation. It could well change and the alternative bidders may become the eventual owners.
The article said they were the successful bidders for the parts of Remington's business assets.

The breakup of Remington now casts doubt on the Sandy Hook shooting case going ahead. The families of the victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting were crying to sue Remington for making the Bushmaster rifle used in the shooting, I'm guessing the lawyers convinced the families they had a case and there's no point in suing somebody with no money, ie the mother of the shooter. Remington as a legal entity will cease to exist, so I think that's the end and the families who brought the case might be on the hook for the legal fees incurred to date.