FAC renewals during Covid 19?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
markd290

FAC renewals during Covid 19?

#1 Post by markd290 »

How has everyone been finding the renewal process so far this year with the Coronavirus situation? I'm just curious what the renewal times have been like for everyone with licensing operating on skeleton staffing?

I sent my renewal (along with a few extra slots requested) off in early July and it took my local force (Notts) about a month just to cash the cheque! Still haven't heard anything back from them other than that though. I wonder if they'll be doing the home visits they usually do at renewal times? With the extra slots I want I've had to buy an extra cabinet for more room, I'm sure they'll be wanting a look at that.
Rockhopper

Re: FAC renewals during Covid 19?

#2 Post by Rockhopper »

I had my renewal home visit about three weeks ago now. Luckily I got my doctors report requested during the first week of lockdown so they did it the same day and sent it in. Derbyshire are allowing extra time for that now as some GPs are prioritising other services just now.
All in all it took about as long as you’d expect.
markd290

#3 Post by markd290 »

Can I ask when you put your paperwork in? Funny enough for all the issues some have with their GPs, my new one was really good, they did my letter and had it sent back within a week, only cost me £10 too.

I'm glad I put my renewal in a little earlier than I normally would though, with about 5 months left on it.
Rockhopper

#4 Post by Rockhopper »

I sent it a week or so after they sent the letter to me so it went in on 19th of March. 20th July was my visit which was about two weeks after my tickets expired.
markd290

#5 Post by markd290 »

So about 4 months overall then, and I'd heard Derbyshire were generally pretty good. Sounds like I've probably got a good bit more waiting to do
Rockhopper

#6 Post by Rockhopper »

Derbyshire have been really good over the whole time I’ve had an FAC/SFC. No complaints whatsoever really.
Graham M

#7 Post by Graham M »

My tickets ran out on the 27th July, but a couple of weeks earlier I received a letter from West Mid's/Staff's informing me that they had been extended for anther 8 weeks. Strangely enough no request has been made towards my Doctor for any medical report, and as yet I've still not had anything from my FEO.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Rockhopper

#8 Post by Rockhopper »

It’s up to you to contact the GP if your force are going down that route.
Graham M

#9 Post by Graham M »

I had hoped that they were simply adhering to the old guidelines and were going to see if the Dr thought it necessary to contact them if he thought something was wrong.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Jamesj
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Epsom Rifle Club

#10 Post by Jamesj »

I had no trouble dealing with Surrey and Sussex for my renewal, they were really helpful. The most difficult part was getting the medical form sorted out. My surgery refused to do it and had to get my medical records released and go elsewhere. Of course none of that was a priority due to Covid.

Sent from my boing using "An application"