Just surrendered my 'weapons'.....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff

Re: Just surrendered my 'weapons'.....

#61 Post by Blackstuff »

Doesn't sound like Police Scotland at all(!)

<Sarcasm-ometer explodes in background>
DVC
Sim G

#62 Post by Sim G »

I am continually saddened daily on the level of service offered by a 21st Century U.K. police forces. It genuinely upsets me that there are still pockets of this sort of behaviour. I’m still flabbergasted by what one friend is currently going through.

And this is why you have to be fully informed.

Another friend has just surrendered four, yes four lever releases. One in each caliber. He’s probably the only one in the country that had as many. And when each one was built, he was with every conceivable extra. He simply obtained valuations for each rifle and took the standard value for magazines and a couple of cheap red dots. The FEO asked for receipts and as he pointed out, in the Compensation Scheme paperwork, that was printed out by him, he didn’t need any. FEO looked, agreed, gave him a receipt and took them away.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#63 Post by Airbrush »

Sim G wrote:I am continually saddened daily on the level of service offered by a 21st Century U.K. police forces. It genuinely upsets me that there are still pockets of this sort of behaviour. I’m still flabbergasted by what one friend is currently going through.

And this is why you have to be fully informed.

Another friend has just surrendered four, yes four lever releases. One in each caliber. He’s probably the only one in the country that had as many. And when each one was built, he was with every conceivable extra. He simply obtained valuations for each rifle and took the standard value for magazines and a couple of cheap red dots. The FEO asked for receipts and as he pointed out, in the Compensation Scheme paperwork, that was printed out by him, he didn’t need any. FEO looked, agreed, gave him a receipt and took them away.
Just handed mine in & FEO was adamant I couldn't hand in items even though I had a confirmation email from HO.

Told him firmly that I was correct & any disputes was between me & the HO.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#64 Post by mag41uk »

This sounds as well thought out and implemented as the hand gun theft.
I just saw this on another shooting group- unsubstantiated by me:

"Folks, I handed in my VZ58 today, painted pastel pink, white and gold. Police have said it won't get compensation and have made a recommendation in writing that I'm of insufficient maturity (due to painting rifle pink) to own lethal barrelled weapons, so, waiting to see what happens to my licence. I suggest anyone else handing in a Lever Release or MARS rifles doesn't get artistic. Furthermore, if you like shooting sports, it's important to fight against these consultations as it may not affect you today, but tomorrow they'll be after bolt action .22s."
lapua338

#65 Post by lapua338 »

mag41uk wrote:This sounds as well thought out and implemented as the hand gun theft.

"Folks, I handed in my VZ58 today, painted pastel pink, white and gold. Police have said it won't get compensation and have made a recommendation in writing that I'm of insufficient maturity (due to painting rifle pink) to own lethal barrelled weapons, so, waiting to see what happens to my licence. I suggest anyone else handing in a Lever Release or MARS rifles doesn't get artistic. Furthermore, if you like shooting sports, it's important to fight against these consultations as it may not affect you today, but tomorrow they'll be after bolt action .22s."
It's either fake news or some pea-brained desk jockey functionary from T#@t Valley Police thinks his opinion re: colour has merit or value.
Polchraine

#66 Post by Polchraine »

lapua338 wrote:
It's either fake news or some pea-brained desk jockey functionary from T#@t Valley Police thinks his opinion re: colour has merit or value.
Possibly the latter! What is wrong with pink guns?

https://www.spartan-arms.co.uk/product/ ... semi-auto/

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#67 Post by GeeRam »

lapua338 wrote:
mag41uk wrote:This sounds as well thought out and implemented as the hand gun theft.

How do you know it was TVP....?
lapua338

#68 Post by lapua338 »

How do you know it was TVP....?
T*@t Valley is simply a pejorative term for 'modern' UK Policing who are too busy 'taking the knee', dancing like a pr*@k at a queer festival or just generally alienating the law abiding shooting community.
Sim G

#69 Post by Sim G »

lapua338 wrote:
T*@t Valley is simply a pejorative term for 'modern' UK Policing who are too busy 'taking the knee', dancing like a pr*@k at a queer festival or just generally alienating the law abiding shooting community.

Oh, grow up.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#70 Post by hitchphil »

Its Beds part of Herts, Beds & Cambs FLD but i dont know an FLO from there that would do that. Maybe a counter officer once the person handing in failed the patronising funny comment test or barked off at them?

if they are an FAC holder presumably they are insured & can get telephone legal advice from NRA/BASC etc so rebut any such claims with a simple letter, get the HO promised payment & move on .... in the direction of a gunshop to spend the proceeds on some more legit fun.............. what i find disappointing in all the various forums posts on this is the sheer volume of people saying get a lawyer & take them to court? like they are looking for someone to win their cause for them? are they just looking for a fight over this? as its too late! & that the post is premature kicking off the predictable sensational response. When a simple post maybe next week with the real story would be more like reality.......
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?