Durham FAC renewal time

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: Durham FAC renewal time

#71 Post by phaedra1106 »

Mark, your'll be on the naughty list because you had a VZ58 :p

I knew Alan was retiring this year but I didn't know the other one was going as well. I did hear there was a new FEO but have no idea who he is.

Having double checked my certs I see the open slot I have for another 300 AAC is just down as .300 bolt action rifle, which is odd as Durham usually insist on the exact chambering (even though it's not required).
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#72 Post by Blackstuff »

jan8p wrote:They have to mean age of the enquiry/application, not the applicant as there's no way they can prioritize based on a person's age.

Losing 2 FEOs is interesting though, how do you know that?
I know someone who is having virtually daily discussions with the department over a SNAFU of their (partial) creation, so he's been getting the full in's and out's of the departments workings.

Lets hope the new guy can hit the ground running fingerscrossed
DVC
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#73 Post by Alpha1 »

SNAFU ?
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#74 Post by snayperskaya »

Alpha1 wrote:SNAFU ?
Situation Normal, All F**ked Up.......military acronym slang, commonly used by US troops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNAFU

It is often associated with FUBAR :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Blackstuff

#75 Post by Blackstuff »

I was called yesterday to arrange the FEO visit so hopefully nearing the end of a very long tunnel! fingerscrossed
DVC
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#76 Post by phaedra1106 »

Yay lollol

I assume this will be the new one?, see what you can find out about him (tea and choc Hobnobs help) :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#77 Post by dodgyrog »

You can tell me all about him/her!
I'm still waiting of course!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Blackstuff

#78 Post by Blackstuff »

Well I've just had my renewal visit with the new FEO and it went smoothly. (Albeit a week late thanks to my original one being cancelled due to the high-profile incident involving a forklift and an angry farmer...) He was absolutely rushed off his feet so it was a straight-to-the-point affair rather than a tea and buns job.

He's only been doing FEO stuff for under a year and previous background was in the military handling/fixing everything from 9mm pistols to tank cannons so at least he's familiar with firearms and won't be 'shocked' like some have been went you pull something unusual out of the cabinet. :good:

The only new procedure that happened that's never been done with me before is asking for photo and address ID. The only thing I wasn't happy about was that he asked me about gun related (non-licenced) items I'd ordered a few weeks ago from Brownells?! Either they monitor every internet purchase we make, have some system that flags gun related items or Brownells has some sort of arrangement with them wtf It could also be because they came from the US? But i'd imagine they don't come direct to you from the US, rather Brownells orders a batch in to them, then they distribute once over here?

He's on leave next week and he guesstimate it would be another month or so before I got my replacement cert :cry: At least my MARS replacement guns should be ready by then. Oh and I found out my gun is being kept in the armoury as an example of the type, mainly due to my lovely pink and kitten sticker custom paint job lol
DVC
Polchraine

#79 Post by Polchraine »

Blackstuff wrote:
The only new procedure that happened that's never been done with me before is asking for photo and address ID. The only thing I wasn't happy about was that he asked me about gun related (non-licenced) items I'd ordered a few weeks ago from Brownells?! Either they monitor every internet purchase we make, have some system that flags gun related items or Brownells has some sort of arrangement with them wtf It could also be because they came from the US? But i'd imagine they don't come direct to you from the US, rather Brownells orders a batch in to them, then they distribute once over here?
WHAT!

I would be onto Brownells asking them why they passed you information on or why they are allowing their systems to be hacked!

And I am sure in information commissioner would have something to say about it too. They have no right to the information and then to tell you they have it is direct confirmation that they have broken data protection rules.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#80 Post by Sim G »

Didn’t happen to be parts for “prohibited” firearms were they? I got a call from my FEO questioning exactly that. Parts that had come into the U.K. from Brownells for AR15.

The NCA have national firearms lead and UKBF have an “idea” what would fall into the prohibited/licensed/uncontrolled categories. Likewise with the the FEO. And as my Bradley straight pull and Spikes Tactical semi are AR derivatives, although not noted on NFLMS as such, it’s a fair question from the agencies that have responsibility for border work. They examine parcels at the point of entry.

Sorted easily.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!