Durham FAC renewal time

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Durham FAC renewal time

#81 Post by Blackstuff »

It was 9mm Glock magazines so yes would fall into the 'prohibited' category (despite there being numerous S1 firearms available for use with them here). Hopefully it is just the fact they came from the US/through the border that triggered it and they aren't monitoring everything!

Would still like to know how they knew they were for me though. Perhaps Brownells UK literally just act as a conduit to the US store and not also as a distributor here and things are sent directly to us from America!

Certainly took me back when he listed the exact things i'd been buying, especially with the wife in the room! lol
DVC
Sim G
Past Supporter

#82 Post by Sim G »

That’s exactly what happens. For the stuff not held in the U.K. warehouse, it comes direct from Brownells to you. As with all parcels, there are inspections by Border Force. Such things as “AR15” and “Glock” will cause BF officers to submit an enquiry to the local force of the addressee with a “do you know this blokes getting gun bits”. Old Bill will look on their systems and it’ll say “Mark’s got loads of guns, but no Glock”…

Hence the call/enquiry. “Mark, you got a Glock?” “No, but my SGC takes them”. “Happy Days!”. “Erm… can I…. Erm…. Have a Glock?” “No, bugger off!”

Fairly innocuous.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff

#83 Post by Blackstuff »

Sounds like you've got my house wire tapped, that's exactly how the conversation went! lol
DVC
jan8p

#84 Post by jan8p »

Glad yours is almost sorted Blackstuff.

My FEO got my grant application 3 weeks ago, no call to arrange anything yet. Also not good if it takes ANOTHER month to get the cert after he's been.

Almost 7 months since I applied.

Also....I assume you must be in a different part of the county to me. I know which FEO has mine and he's been around many years.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#85 Post by dodgyrog »

jan8p wrote:Glad yours is almost sorted Blackstuff.

My FEO got my grant application 3 weeks ago, no call to arrange anything yet. Also not good if it takes ANOTHER month to get the cert after he's been.

Almost 7 months since I applied.

Also....I assume you must be in a different part of the county to me. I know which FEO has mine and he's been around many years.
ONLY 7 months!!! Is that all.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#86 Post by phaedra1106 »

Apparently Northumbria are now asking for renewals to be sent in 6 months before expiry, I wonder if they caught something off Durham?
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Sim G
Past Supporter

#87 Post by Sim G »

6 months before?! That’s just unacceptable.

Is it time for a seven or ten year certificate?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff

#88 Post by Blackstuff »

As frustrating as its been getting caught up in this, I'm glad Durham took the approach they have in continuing to deal with all aspects of licensing. The FLDs that elected to suspend grants/variations etc will have progressive waves of bulges that will last for years before everything is caught up.

Saying that, one of the three guns i've ordered is now ready though and I just need this to end!! fingerscrossed wallhead
DVC
Blackstuff

#89 Post by Blackstuff »

Well after 8 months and a bit it finally arrived. Is it correct fingerscrossed Don't be daft wallhead troutslapping

I'm up to 6 errors so far including;

The wrong actions put on 2 of the 4 slots I have, and you guessed it, those ones are the ones I have the rifles ordered and are waiting to be sent to me so I can't even get the ball rolling or having them coming to me, a missing rifle and its ammunition, a missing sound moderator and a missing condition. Spectacular. :good: 8-) And thats before i've even checked the stuff I actually own....

On top of that they stop answering the phones at 11am so I can't even ring them today to sort it out. Email sent in the vain hope they'll let me go there on Monday to swap certificates in person to avoid another weeks delay but its unlikely. ****ing sick of this now ****
DVC
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#90 Post by phaedra1106 »

That doesn't sound like Durham at all . . . . . . . . . .

So far on my cert returned after renewals or variations I've had,

A missing Section 1 Shotgun
My S&W 22lr Semi-Auto listed as Bolt Action
An empty 308 slot listed as Self Loading (I was so tempted to rush over to Europe and buy one!)
The Chief Constables signature where it says signature of holder
150 round alowance for the first Creedmoor "Because that's all you're allowed for 6.5mm" despite already having 600 for the 260Rem I had, took 3 goes to get it corrected.

And that's just the one's I can remember!
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)