Sharing firearms on an FAC

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Sharing firearms on an FAC

#21 Post by Mattnall »

Mike95 wrote:Very interesting.. I currently hold my club fac.. we have a very old and rare Stevens rifle on the club fac.. it has no serial number, being made in 1947 before the USA had compulsory serial numbers.. I do sometimes take the gun out to the range to allow one elderly member to shoot it. It would be very helpful if I could also include the rifle on this other members fac.. save a lot of paperwork and ensure the rifle stayed with the club.. any useful response please?

Mike95
Just sign it on to the member's FAC and inform the licensing department that you've LENT it for an indeterminate time and then you both (him and club) can enjoy the privileges of possession. Of course the club would have to agree to this.

However, as a club member he is allowed to take and transport the rifle for shooting trips, it could even be to take it to another range on his own for an open shoot with no informing the licensing dept. That way there would be no question of it 'staying with the club'.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
tonyshooter
Home club or Range: Warmsworth nr Doncaster

#22 Post by tonyshooter »

My second .243 is also entered on my pals FAC ( he has his own .243 )
This was not a problem with SYP as they accepeted that the need was justified because the rifle in question had a ATN Thermal sight on it.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

Mattnall wrote:
Mike95 wrote:Very interesting.. I currently hold my club fac.. we have a very old and rare Stevens rifle on the club fac.. it has no serial number, being made in 1947 before the USA had compulsory serial numbers.. I do sometimes take the gun out to the range to allow one elderly member to shoot it. It would be very helpful if I could also include the rifle on this other members fac.. save a lot of paperwork and ensure the rifle stayed with the club.. any useful response please?

Mike95
Just sign it on to the member's FAC and inform the licensing department that you've LENT it for an indeterminate time and then you both (him and club) can enjoy the privileges of possession. Of course the club would have to agree to this.

However, as a club member he is allowed to take and transport the rifle for shooting trips, it could even be to take it to another range on his own for an open shoot with no informing the licensing dept. That way there would be no question of it 'staying with the club'.
Make him a committee member. I have several club guns that are not on my certificate that I use on my club nights for members to use.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#24 Post by Mattnall »

Alpha1 wrote:
Mattnall wrote:

Mike95

Make him a committee member. I have several club guns that are not on my certificate that I use on my club nights for members to use.
Doesn't need to be a committee member just a full member of the HO club and he's good to take and use club firearms at any venue he's allowed with the club's permission.

The member may not make a good committee member or might not want the responsibility of the post.
Some clubs' constitutions make it difficult to just add and remove committee members and also limit their numbers.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.