Co terminus certificates.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Co terminus certificates.

#11 Post by Christel »

Mattnall, Lincolnshire says no more than three months old and one needs a new medical.

Around three months old and they insist on a one liner from the surgery saying no changes.

It is a farce.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

I have worked out what this other Firearm is on my certificate that is supposed to be in my possession.
I am a member of more than one Club. My main Club I am the Secretary and I hold the Club certificate. I checked no problem with that all in order.
My other club I am on the committee I run the Underlever Club nights and book and sort out the MOD full bore shoots. I am involved with training probationers at the Club range and at the MOD shoots.

The firearm that is on my certificate is a Club gun. Its an Enfield T4 fitted with a scope used to train probationers before the lock down I had it in my possession with written authority from the Secretary to use for training purposes. The firearm was returned to the Club and is in secure storage. I am guessing the Club secretary informed the licencing people I had it and they have assumed it was transferred to me.
Not sure what the best way forward is here I could just fill the form in and tell them I have sold it to the Club.
Let the Club Secretary deal with it.
Or contact licencing and let them sort it out.
teanews hmm
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#13 Post by phaedra1106 »

Contact licensing and explain the situation.

As it was on loan he should have let them know when it was returned.

The only time I've been loaned a firearm I notified both mine and his licensing departments when I received it and when I returned it. That way my backside was covered if the other party forgot or didn't bother to let his licensing department know.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#14 Post by Mattnall »

Alpha1 wrote:I have worked out what this other Firearm is on my certificate that is supposed to be in my possession.
I am a member of more than one Club. My main Club I am the Secretary and I hold the Club certificate. I checked no problem with that all in order.
My other club I am on the committee I run the Underlever Club nights and book and sort out the MOD full bore shoots. I am involved with training probationers at the Club range and at the MOD shoots.

The firearm that is on my certificate is a Club gun. Its an Enfield T4 fitted with a scope used to train probationers before the lock down I had it in my possession with written authority from the Secretary to use for training purposes. The firearm was returned to the Club and is in secure storage. I am guessing the Club secretary informed the licencing people I had it and they have assumed it was transferred to me.
Not sure what the best way forward is here I could just fill the form in and tell them I have sold it to the Club.
Let the Club Secretary deal with it.
Or contact licencing and let them sort it out.
teanews hmm
It was transferred to you but in a way that doesn't need you to possess an FAC for that firearm (it is the club exemption that was in use here). The problem came when you informed the licensing dept, they didn 't need to know and now have misunderstood the legal action you and the club did.

On the plus side you can get rid of it from your FAC and free up some cabinet space for that shotgun you're after. :good:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

I did not inform them as I didn't need to. It was only when my new certificate turned up with the firearm listed I knew any thing about it. I am guessing the club secretary informed them and as you say they assumed he had transferred the rifle to me.

If I had the firearm I would not be concerned it is a cracking Number 4T fitted with a Nightforce scope.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

An individual is required to advise their licencing department of the acquisition or disposal of all firearms, luckily an RFD does not have to unless it goes to a FAC/SGC holder.

Or, if you have hacked you licencing department off and they insist on being notified of changes even if you are an RFD which appears to be the case with a couple around my way :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

I didnt aquire it it is a Club gun it is listed on the Club firearm certificate.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#18 Post by Sim G »

I imagine this has come about along the lines of the Secretary informing the licensing dept that you were in possession of the rifle. An exemption exists in law but it appears that the dept have then entered it on to “possessed category” on the system, which you have come to discover with the reprint of your FAC.

Speak to them, they’ll sort it.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

I keep my certificates separate. As I shoot shotguns competitively I need/want to be able to acquire cartridges frequently. Given the 9 month renewal time my FAC took last/this year, it was definitely the right choice, even if it means I have to pay a bit extra and go through it every 2/3 years.
DVC
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

I received two certificates a firearms certificate and a separate shot gun certificate the only difference is they both expire at the same time.

I spoke to licensing about the rifle on my firearm certificate I don't have in my possession apparently its a shared Club gun the Club secretary must of informed them that I was using it. I assume he should of let them know when I no longer had access to it but for some reason he didn't may be because of Covid.
Apparently it also uses up one of my slots and counts towards the amount of firearms I can hold. Any way they have taken it off my certificate. So no big deal just a phone call to clear it up.