Guntrader leak

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Guntrader leak

#231 Post by GeeRam »

Dark Skies wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:33 pm
hitchphil wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:01 pm Plenty of ways to hide a rifle & travel on public transport or a bike without looking bloody obvious ............
I think you've missed the point of my reply to Sim G.
And, actually, carrying a large rifle, ammunition, mat, spotting scope and all the rest of the toot on a motorcycle SAFELY, as in it still being on the back when you arrive at your destination, and SECURELY, as in not having it pinched should you need to refuel or perhaps following an accident, is not as easy as one might think. Bikes do not readily lend themselves to it - which is why I ended up buying an ex-plod Pan Euro as it had lots of storage and mounting brackets as standard.

Sure you can sling a gun slip over your shoulder and stick the minimum gear and ammo in an old army canvas bag around your neck. Now ride an unfaired bike seventy odd miles with wind tearing at it at motorway speeds, flapping about your neck and tell me it feels great and you arrive relaxed and rested.

That said I ride my Harley to Bisley with my Saiga AK folder hidden in a violin case and ammunition in my jacket pockets - you can do it but your neck sure knows you've done it.
As an ex-biker I think your nuts even contemplating it let alone doing it kukkuk lol

Over half our club membership are/were bikers and none would even consider it. Fair play to you, but yer barkin lol 5mith
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#232 Post by Dark Skies »

GeeRam wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:56 pm
As an ex-biker I think your nuts even contemplating it let alone doing it kukkuk lol

Over half our club membership are/were bikers and none would even consider it. Fair play to you, but yer barkin lol 5mith
You're talking to someone who rode a Harley to hospital with a burst appendix. I felt every throb of the engine, every pothole. every fag butt along the way.
I didn't be fainting or nothin'.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
walesdave

#233 Post by walesdave »

Back in the day when we only had one car (that the misses used) I'd sling a 10/22 over my shoulder and go from Newport (home) to Barry (range) once a week on a 650 Bandit. Bit of a pain going down the M4 with a gun slip trying to act like a sail but as long as you slowed down a bit it wasn't too bad.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#234 Post by Alpha1 »

walesdave wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:34 am Back in the day when we only had one car (that the misses used) I'd sling a 10/22 over my shoulder and go from Newport (home) to Barry (range) once a week on a 650 Bandit. Bit of a pain going down the M4 with a gun slip trying to act like a sail but as long as you slowed down a bit it wasn't too bad.
24 pages in and what has this got to do with gun trader leaks we are now discussing guys running about the Country on motor bikes. I did that 50 years ago and no body batted a eye lid that the side car was full of guns.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#235 Post by Pete »

One thing always leads to another....... :run:

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#236 Post by Pippin89 »

Sim G wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:46 pm
Pippin89 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:04 am
The most frustrating thing about this whole bo...cks for me is that, as firearms owners we are told not to tell people about our passions. We are told to keep our hobby hidden like some dirty little secret.

Who on Earth told you that?!!!! What utter bollox!

My friends know, my colleagues know, my neighbours know. Given the amount of debit card transactions, my bank definitely knows!!!

Are Gunshop’s robbed and burgled more than any other retail business? Of course not. Are gun owners robbed and burgled more than any other citizen? Of course not. In fact, if there were statistics it would probably be a lot less due to the security they should have. There’s more chance of being followed back from the supermarket if you drive a luxury high value car or have a designer mongrel stolen from your garden than have an OCG rock up to your front door because of a .308 or 12 bore O/U.

There is a distinct lack of pragmatism on this thread…
My FEO, firearms law, gun clubs, security advisories..... just about every legitimate source of information on the subject.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#237 Post by Sim G »

You need to review what you’ve been reading. Please show me the law that mandates that? Again, show me the shop front that is blank with shuttered windows. There was someone once who suggested just that!

I’d suggest you’ve been sold Spanish practices as Gospel.

If the public and media treat shooting and gun ownership as some “dirty little secret” it’s because of exactly the manner those involved in the sport behave. Be as sensible as you would be about any aspect of your private life, but seriously, hide it, deny it and not promote it, then indeed be prepared to lose it!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#238 Post by dromia »

Sim G wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:28 pm then indeed be prepared to lose it!
We all need to be preparing to loose it.

UK private gun ownership is something that will die, along with other extinctions, in the foreseeable future. Things have slipped so far now that their is no chance of stopping it, due to the indifference of gunowners and their failed organisations to challenge the anti gun lobby. Couple that with the now blatant anti gun stance of our institutions who are using their unchallenged power to instigate a policy which aims to reduce the number of FACs and the number of guns held without any limit except zero.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/