Regional RCO courses

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Regional RCO courses

#11 Post by Mattnall »

Ah, that could be a problem.
If you have to pay travel expenses from Surrey that could make it rather expensive too. I think the last course at Cambridge was around the £75-80 mark. The wife did it but she did the RSO and CI courses at Bisley some time back.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
RDC

#12 Post by RDC »

Alpha1 wrote:Yes you are right of course.
I have been in touch with the NRA training dept.
The stumbling block is a suitable venue. We only shoot on Landmarc MOD booked ranges. We dont have our own range.
But I am working on it.
I've been on an NRA RCO course on an MoD range. The Range warden, Gerry, was very supportive and even came and have a bit of a talk too.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

I have secured 4 places by agreeing to share the costs with another local Club. They have there own premises with a large commitee room and two indoor ranges. Just waiting to hear from the NRA with trainers availabilty and dates. Sorted.
Mattnall

#14 Post by Mattnall »

:good: Great news.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Just an up date the courses are going ahead. Notice I say courses not course.
We had a couple of NRA trainers visit the Club to assess if it would be suitable for carrying out the training. They were well impressed with the facilities. The Club is now running two training sessions. They are all fully booked. 16 new RCO,s.
I call that a result. If it all goes well there may be more organised. Fingers crossed and all that. Onward and upward never look back. (What ever.)
Mattnall

#16 Post by Mattnall »

Great stuff. :good:

jjvc

#17 Post by jjvc »

Well done Dave :good:
Alpha1 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:01 pm Just an up date the courses are going ahead. Notice I say courses not course.
We had a couple of NRA trainers visit the Club to assess if it would be suitable for carrying out the training. They were well impressed with the facilities. The Club is now running two training sessions. They are all fully booked. 16 new RCO,s.
I call that a result. If it all goes well there may be more organised. Fingers crossed and all that. Onward and upward never look back. (What ever.)
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

jjvc wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:10 pm Well done Dave :good:
Alpha1 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:01 pm Just an up date the courses are going ahead. Notice I say courses not course.
Thanks Joe.

The NRA people were well impressed with the club facilities. To put it into perspective the Club building is at least four times larger than the Yarners. It has car parking facilities. It is completely surrounded by a security fence with steel gates. All the doors and windows have security shutters. The club has a conference room with all mod cons that can accommodate at least 20 people. It has an armoury. It has an office. Two indoor 30 yard ranges. It also has an outdoor 25 yard range and a clay shooting venue and practical shotgun is on the menu as well. It has a fully fitted kitchen and dining area. Men's and Ladies toilets and a disabled person toilet. It has store rooms. Everything is on one level and is laid out for wheel chair access. The whole thing is monitored by CCTV inside and out. The Club has over 150 members and caters for all shooting disciplines it is very well run.
Like I said the NRA people were very very impressed. The trainers are local so a win win situation. Who knows if all goes well it might open up a training venue in the North East you never know.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#19 Post by dromia »

So its not the NRA that run the regional courses but the clubs themselves to NRA guidance.

Aye the same disingenuous approach to words as their use of "national".

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes and No.
The club provides a suitable venue.
The training is carried by NRA instructors the same Guys that deliver the training at Bisley. They come to you at a cost of course. You pay a candidate fee to the NRA for each trainee. You are billed by the instructors for there time. If they are not local you pay for a hotel for them and you pay 40 pence a mile travel allowance.