Job Vacancy .

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
MistAgain

Job Vacancy .

#1 Post by MistAgain »

Police Staff/ MSOC/ Firearms Registration Clerk/ Grade B - Liverpool L1

WWW.uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=559eaff49d ... n71uai480e

The job requirement does not need applicants to be able to shot white stags .
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Job Vacancy .

#2 Post by Sim G »

Link not working...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
MistAgain

#3 Post by MistAgain »

uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=559eaff49dece312&from=ja&from=mobRdr&alid=5ad392679008e876672e3a93&tk=1fgn22n71uai480e&utm_campaign=job_alerts&utm_campaign=dt&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=redir&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_source=%2Fm%2F&rgtk=1fgn22n71uai480e

This seems to work . It did . Now it doesnt . It might have to be copied and pasted .
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#4 Post by glevum »

If you go on indeed.com and search for Police Staff Jobs in Liverpool, it comes up.

Not the best paying job in the world.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

Might be hard to fill that role. They want someone with a good knowledge of firearms and explosives legislation, the confidence to heft the role's responsibilities, plus good IT / office skills, without a criminal record (I assume, although no mention is made of that), and they want it all for the price of a shelf-stacker at Tesco.

AND, preferably, you ought to be the 'right' ethnicity to boot, or, at a pinch, someone with an interesting flavour of gender or at least disabled. Perhaps the ideal candidate in these enlightened times would be able to boast all three.

I've never really got to grips with the idea that positive discrimination (now rebranded as Positive Action) is anything other than plain old negative discrimination. I've always believed it actually nurtures racism and resentment in those candidates denied an opportunity to apply. I have a suspicion it might also incline colleagues to believe a person was hired on the strength of their skin tone rather than ability and they're unfairly forever having to prove themselves.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

Based on the pay being offered, perhaps certificate holders in Merseyside should be asking for a reduction in fees!

If that was in te private sector, a job description such as that would be attracting a salary of £30k or maybe £40k

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
MistAgain

#7 Post by MistAgain »

Polchraine wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:21 am Based on the pay being offered, perhaps certificate holders in Merseyside should be asking for a reduction in fees!

If that was in te private sector, a job description such as that would be attracting a salary of £30k or maybe £40k

In general , the service is a disgrace . I know of one important message that was sent to them on the 12th July .
It took till 7th September to get a reply .
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

The pay has been like that ever since they went down the civvie route, hence the reason anyone with any decent amount of knowledge rarely stays in the job, or you get a someone whose voice has barely broken. If you're extraordinarily lucky you'll get an ex-cop/military who is just after a job that gets them out and about to fill their days in/top up their pension.
DVC