Firearms Licensing Survey

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Firearms Licensing Survey

#1 Post by Sim G »

Well, the collection of elected knitting circle, that is those referred as Policing and a Crime Commissioner's, have issued a survey on firearms licensing. It's quick and easy and appears to be more about passing costs on and having strapped GP's carry the responsibility of when someone goes nuts... (obviously, giving guns back to crazies is beyond the scope of this opinion poll!)

So, get any shooter who has access to online to fill this in, or expect to pay thousands of pounds for a renewal and never seeing the doctor again for a prostate examination...

https://www.apccs.police.uk/latest-news ... licensing/
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: Firearms Licensing Survey

#2 Post by hitchphil »

This has been published on a few other shooting forums & pages but needs to be widely spread & to get the largest possible response from shooters vs those that oppose us. Please copy this survey to your clubs, mates, family, shooters, forums etc as widely as possible. The huge shooting response to the LR/Mars survey did have real effect. I do believe if you have different IP address (phone pad etc) you can complet eit multiple times!
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
jmc67
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#3 Post by jmc67 »

Done, and thank you for sharing.
morph007
Home club or Range: Kentucky Firearms club

#4 Post by morph007 »

Done
If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#5 Post by phaedra1106 »

Done.

Pity it doesn't ask how we think the current legislation could be applied more efficiently and in the same way by all police forces without a few of them just making stuff up as they go.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#6 Post by phaedra1106 »

Also nice to see how they've biased the poll by refering to sporting firearms as "weapons" Only soldiers, the police and criminals use them as weapons.

That should help the general public give the answers they want to hear :(
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

Unfortunately Jeff, the term “weapon” is what is used in a number of guidance, instructions and legislation. It is normal in police circles. But then so is acronyms and codes, and they would never be used in “public infirmation.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
knewmans

#8 Post by knewmans »

Done
MistAgain

#9 Post by MistAgain »

Perhaps we should be asking the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners how many public surveys they have conducted in the past and what was the nature of the survey .

Their email address is enquiries@apccs.police.uk

Marc Jones is the current Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire and of course he is the Chair of the APCC .
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#10 Post by Dark Skies »

I filled out the form, but I'm always wary that volunteering my firearms ownership merely flags me up as one that can be binned for being biased.

A further comment section would have been nice but, obviously would risk the survey not giving the 'right' results.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."