Offas Dyke Rifle Club

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

Offas Dyke Rifle Club

#1 Post by nigelc »

Just had a Club Newsletter after months of no communication. Despite providing little or no shooting opportunities for what must be nearly 3 yrs due to problems with their Club License, NRA registration and Covid, they appear to be yet again wanting members to pay full membership fees. Having spent virtually nothing for years, they have a substantial amount in the bank, but with no club secretary or membership secretary, no club meetings for years and a Treasurer who never replies to e-mails, it is near impossible to find out what is happening.

So any members out there who can shed some light on the current situation?

Thanks

N
Graham M

Re: Offas Dyke Rifle Club

#2 Post by Graham M »

Pure greed. My own club has suspended all membership fees until 2022 due to the fact that we weren't been able to shoot there for over a year
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#3 Post by phaedra1106 »

There's a couple of threads on this running on another site,

https://ukvarminting.com/topic/54803-of ... ent-404519
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

#4 Post by nigelc »

Thanks for the link - some very interesting but also worrying conversations. Even though I have been a member for a number of years, I am not sure they should still be in business as there seems to be a total lack of oversight of the club - and even less communication with the club members.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

I must admit I didn't renew my membership for Offa's Dyke after shooting on F Range at Sennybridge stopped and shooting on other ranges such as G Range went from all day on a Saturday to a few hours on a Sunday morning, for me it wasn't worth the drive just for four hours or so.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#6 Post by channel12 »

I used to be a member some years back but it wasn't my primary club. I had some good days shooting at Kingsbury, Llansilin and the various ranges on Sennybridge. I didn't renew some years when I realised I hadn't shot with them in the previous years because...reasons. Having said that I did the occasional Tuesday evening shoots with them as visitor as JM was accommodating.

I have since heard stories about difficulties arising from the departure of JM and club certifications etc which is of course all hearsay and therefore inappropriate to repeat.