FAC renewal time period

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Chapuis

Re: FAC renewal time period

#31 Post by Chapuis »

Lever357 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:08 pm My friend was issued a section 7 last year and that stated it gave him permission to hold the firearms but not to purchase ammunition.
As is the norm.
A S7 permit grants the right to hold only and not to purchase so its advisable to stock up on ammunition or components in advance if you think there may be a delay in processing your application.
Graham M

#32 Post by Graham M »

My FEO told me to get someone else to buy ammo for me.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Chapuis

#33 Post by Chapuis »

Graham M wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:58 pm My FEO told me to get someone else to buy ammo for me.
:o Crikey! :o
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#34 Post by Alpha1 »

Graham M wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:58 pm My FEO told me to get someone else to buy ammo for me.
What. Seriously. Unfortunately these are the kind of plebs we have to deal with. Obviously in the wrong job.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#35 Post by Blackstuff »

As long as you use it within the exemptions of the legislation whats the issue? e.g. Graham M and friend both go to their range, his friend buys them each a box of say 50 .357. Graham uses all of his at the range, his friend takes home 10 rounds, no harm, no foul
DVC
Chapuis

#36 Post by Chapuis »

Blackstuff wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:09 am As long as you use it within the exemptions of the legislation whats the issue? e.g. Graham M and friend both go to their range, his friend buys them each a box of say 50 .357. Graham uses all of his at the range, his friend takes home 10 rounds, no harm, no foul
I think we all know it wouldn't be a problem on the range (provided that it was a H.O. approved club) but for a FEO to suggest such a thing otherwise is being too helpful and a "little bit" silly
Graham M

#37 Post by Graham M »

Absolutely true. Fortunately I have 6000rds of .22 to possess on my ticket so my prone shooting wasn't affected. I reload everything else.
My FEO was an ordinary police officer who was re-training as an FEO and actually asked ME how to go about things; really nice bloke who was trying to do the job properly and pick it up as he went along.
When I had a "routine" phone call from my Firearms dept' asking about my black powder storage, the woman calling asked me if I had chained up my BP box, or whether it was in a locked cupboard etc. My FEO hadn't mentioned this so I hadn't done any of this. She was quite pleasant about it and did understand that he was not up to speed on everything, so there wasn't a problem and I was allowed to sort it out in my own time.
Could have caused a problem though I suppose.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#38 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Sent my fully documented renewal application August for my certificate that expires 02/12/21. I have now received a letter extention of 8 weeks until end of January.
I know there have been problems with Covid but who are they kidding five months for a renewal, last time it took 3 weeks.
You have to start thinking what are the motives ? anybody have any ideas
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#39 Post by Alpha1 »

Alpha1 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:54 pm I am Licenced by Cleveland who are brilliant.
I am a Club Secretary and occasionally deal with Durham as some of my members are licenced by them. One of my members is in the process of applying for his fire arm certificate I think its a renewal. Because he is now a full member of the Club he has asked for instance to acquire a .303 and 7.62/.308 they contacted me to confirm he is a member then again about a week later to ask if he would be able to use these calibers with our Club and yes he can.
This has been over a two week period so I am assuming they are processing the issue of his certificate and it being granted is imminent.(Or am I just being naive.) I knew he was applying so I am assuming all of this is happening in approx six weeks. Any way we will see.
I will let you know how long it actually takes.
He got his Certificate issued last week.
Apparently he applied I think he said in September.He phoned them to ask how it was progressing the beginning of November and was told they were processing it. He received it two weeks after the phone call. He seems pretty happy with how his application was dealt with by Durham.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#40 Post by phaedra1106 »

He must know the chief constable!!

I have members waiting a year for a renwal. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for them to sort out a very simple variation on the club FAC.

Sent it back without the required slot to acquire a replacement rifle and the moderator asked for. Then started insisting if I wanted the moderator I had to have an alarm.

Completly useless, they have untrained kids in the office who have no idea what they're doing.

No surprise at all that after being in the 3 worst performing departments for the last few years they're now officially the worst department in the UK :(
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)