Club/building insurance.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Club/building insurance.

#1 Post by Les »

Can anybody recommend insurance companies that will cover the building/structure of privately owned (indoor, H.O. approved) shooting premises? The 3rd party side of things is covered by the NSRA affiliation (apparently?). Somebody mentioned Bluefin, but that just seems to be for football clubs (??) .... not exactly what I'm looking for. 5mith

Trying to get an answer from anybody at the club regarding previous building policies has just met with blank stares. Reading between the lines, I'm not even sure if we had any insurance previously. wallhead I haven't tried any of the obvious choices yet - Churchill, Direct Line etc etc. Is that an option? All and any info will be gratefully received. ;)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Club/building insurance.

#2 Post by dromia »

Try Hiscox.

Bluefin do do firearms related insurance but are ridiculously expensive.

Firearms related insurance is getting more and more difficult and most just say no!

Evidently it is currently a "hard market"(?) and brokers are really struggling to get underwriters to underwrite anything that is not run of the mill.

I used to use Besso for my premises insurance, but was told this year they wouldn't continue as the underwriters were wanting just stupid premiums for firearms related stuff.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Les

#3 Post by Les »

Many thanks - I'll start making a few calls on Monday. :good:
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

Bluefin cover buildings and contents also for shooting clubs, ours is with Bluefin and they are very good when we have needed to claim.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#5 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:47 pm Firearms related insurance is getting more and more difficult and most just say no!
You're not wrong, my last home contents cover provider cancelled my policy when I tried to add my more expensive guns as listed items!
Les

#6 Post by Les »

TattooedGun wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:17 am Bluefin cover buildings and contents also for shooting clubs, ours is with Bluefin and they are very good when we have needed to claim.
Yes, I've just found out that Bluefin does the various insurance covers for the NSRA. It would have helped if the treasurer had told me that to start off with, but every day is a school day! 8-) lol