firearm certificate

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: firearm certificate

#11 Post by Les »

Mine is in my range bag, along with ear defenders, tools, and all the other carp that I've collected to go shooting with.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#12 Post by GeeRam »

channel12 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:41 pm Mine is in the bottom of my range bag, which has a certain logic about it. If I'm going to the range with my guns my range bag comes along as well.

Picking on mauserbill's point I always make and keep a copy of my FAC and copy every renewal application for reference. It helps to keep what you put on the renewal consistent with the previous one.
Yep, same with me on both points.
Certs kept in the range bag, and always have a PDF scan of my current certs saved on a hard drive.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#13 Post by Mattnall »

I usually find it just after a lot of swearing right where I left it.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
winchester

#14 Post by winchester »

thanks all, looks like most people keep it with them or near at hand BUT I read somewhere that it must not be stored in the gun cabinet with guns, in case of break-in, is that correct?
Rgds DW.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

winchester wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:49 am thanks all, looks like most people keep it with them or near at hand BUT I read somewhere that it must not be stored in the gun cabinet with guns, in case of break-in, is that correct?
Rgds DW.
Its not in any legislation or guidance document I'm aware of. At the end of the day if someones broken into your house your guns are already vulnerable, them getting their hands on a piece of paper is the least of your worries. Just keep it somewhere the casual visitor can't see it.

Mine lives in a locked room unless i'm buying stuff or travelling a significant distance to a competition but I also have a digital copy on my phone (in a 'secure' folder)
DVC
winchester

#16 Post by winchester »

Thanks all, seems safest to lock it in with guns. So thats what I will do. Rgds DW.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#17 Post by Airbrush »

I always keep mine in the gun cabinet. Simples.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#18 Post by Dark Skies »

These days I keep a copy on my phone - never had to present it to plod in 35 years of shooting but handy just in case.
I keep my FAC and SGC in my ammo safe. Let's face it, if someone did get past my alarm system, locks, gun room, and safes then keeping them with my ammunition would be wayyyyyy down the list of my concerns.
It only comes out when I need to buy stuff and present it.
Habitually carrying it about on your person or in your car 'just in case' is open to the risk of it getting lost or pinched, in my view.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."