Chip MCCormick Corp. Super Match Trigger Group for the AR Platform

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
BamBam

Re: Chip MCCormick Corp. Super Match Trigger Group for the AR Platform

#11 Post by BamBam »

If you're going to use that Chip trigger I'd get some KNS anti-walk pins, the earlier version used C-clips on the pins and they're fiddly as a fiddly thing.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

BamBam wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:42 pm If you're going to use that Chip trigger I'd get some KNS anti-walk pins, the earlier version used C-clips on the pins and they're fiddly as a fiddly thing.
Could I not just use the original pins holding the standard trigger in?
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#13 Post by Dark Skies »

Dark Skies wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:40 pm
BamBam wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:42 pm If you're going to use that Chip trigger I'd get some KNS anti-walk pins, the earlier version used C-clips on the pins and they're fiddly as a fiddly thing.
Could I not just use the original pins holding the standard trigger in?
Turns out that I can't - they fall right out.

So I've installed the trigger unit to see if it's something I'll like. It has an incredibly light pull compared to what I'm used to. It feels like such a light strike compared to the very brutal 'clack' I get with the standard trigger group. Almost as if it won't have enough thrutch to set off the primer. I'll see how I get on with it. If it betters my grouping I'll leave it in. If there's no discernible difference I'll pull it out and sell it on.
I've not used the e clips that came with the retaining pins as they're very secure as is. I could see them shooting all over my workshop due to being very fiddly - they're so tiny! If I keep the group in I'll change the pins as per BamBam's suggestion. I don't like how far they stick out for one thing. The fiddliness being another.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
BamBam

#14 Post by BamBam »

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm There was a time a little while ago when Lantac were knocking out different versions, straight trigger, curved trigger, single, double etc for around 145 quid.

I sold a Smith with one fitted and regret bitterly not taking it out!
Just before they switched to their own brand they were selling CMCs for £95!! Wish i'd bought more than 2!
DVC
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#16 Post by TattooedGun »

Blackstuff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:03 am
Sim G wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm There was a time a little while ago when Lantac were knocking out different versions, straight trigger, curved trigger, single, double etc for around 145 quid.

I sold a Smith with one fitted and regret bitterly not taking it out!
Just before they switched to their own brand they were selling CMCs for £95!! Wish i'd bought more than 2!
Absolutely.
I got my CMC 2 stage straight blade from Lantac on that sale - they're up over £240 for one, if you can find one in the country now! Wish I'd bough a few!

Managed to find a second hand one for my second rifle for not much more than I paid for the new one from Lantac!
BamBam

#17 Post by BamBam »

Yes, Lantac had to sell all the CMCs pronto to make way for the Rise armament version, now they're onto a Timney built version which in a single stage more than rivals the CMC. Cheaper in the UK too.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#18 Post by TattooedGun »

BamBam wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:07 pm Yes, Lantac had to sell all the CMCs pronto to make way for the Rise armament version, now they're onto a Timney built version which in a single stage more than rivals the CMC. Cheaper in the UK too.
If they had a 2 stage, I'd have considered it for my second AR, but its only in development at the moment.