Chip MCCormick Corp. Super Match Trigger Group for the AR Platform

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Chip MCCormick Corp. Super Match Trigger Group for the AR Platform

#1 Post by Dark Skies »

I've found one of these in my collection of toot. It doesn't look like it's been used much. Can't recall how I ended up with it. Must be years old now.
It's a drop in assembly. I must have considered putting it in my Southern Gun Co Speedmaster but didn't get around to it.

Has anyone any experience of these and is it worth dropping it in? To be honest my out of the box rifle has never made me feel I needed to do anything to the trigger. Still, maybe it'd be a game changer. Thoughts?
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Chip MCCormick Corp. Super Match Trigger Group for the AR Platform

#2 Post by TattooedGun »

It would depend mainly on what type of trigger you have, single stage or two stage, the type of shooting you do with it, presumably longer range single-shot straight pull than rapid fire semi-auto .22lr.

If you've a mil-spec trigger in now, it's likely single stage and a 2 stage trigger may do you well for long range shooting. but its all down to personal preference. almost all my rifles are 2 stage triggers - that's what I've grown up using, its what I'm accustomed to, it's what I like. But what I like isn't what you may like.
Dark Skies

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

It appears to be a single stage trigger. Best as I can tell by cocking it on the bench and squeezing it until it lets go. Unfortunately there's no part number on it to be sure of its pull. Online search for a similar looking trigger seems to be around 3 to 3 1/2 pounds.
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

Chip McCormick (RIP) was the designer of the early drop in trigger cassettes, CMC is owned by the Beigel family now.
Dark Skies

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

BamBam wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:13 pm Chip McCormick (RIP) was the designer of the early drop in trigger cassettes, CMC is owned by the Beigel family now.
Sounds like I may have a vintage example then.
Attachments
photo_2021-12-01_21-40-14.jpg
photo_2021-12-01_21-40-13.jpg
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

I have one fitted on my Spikes, love it.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dark Skies

#7 Post by Dark Skies »

Reviewing the picture I just noticed the part number in (small print). So definitely a single stage trigger letting go at 3.5 pounds.
£245 !!!
https://firingsolutions.co.uk/products/ ... t-no-91501
Crikey. It must have been a lot cheaper when I bought it - I'm a bit tight when it comes to spending money on accessories.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

There was a time a little while ago when Lantac were knocking out different versions, straight trigger, curved trigger, single, double etc for around 145 quid.

I sold a Smith with one fitted and regret bitterly not taking it out!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Dark Skies

#9 Post by Dark Skies »

Sim G wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm There was a time a little while ago when Lantac were knocking out different versions, straight trigger, curved trigger, single, double etc for around 145 quid.

I sold a Smith with one fitted and regret bitterly not taking it out!
That's NOT a mistake the previous owner of my Speedmaster made. After taking collection I asked Bob for a copy of the build spec as supplied by him.
It had a lot of nice extras such as a Timney trigger, Wylde chamber, some other sought after bits and bobs. But when I took it apart I found the nice bits had been robbed and it had been put back to bog standard!
Good job I checked though - I had a bunch of 5.56 R&G milsurp I'd planned on putting through it.

I'm umming and ahhing about dropping in my CMC boon find. I've been perfectly happy with the Speedmaster as is. A decent chunk of money for the trigger would go some way in paying for that new Uberti SAA I've been lusting after.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

I think you’ve answered your own question there. The current trigger in your AR is good. The CMC is a desirable piece of kit that can transform a rifle that has a bad trigger…

Receive on a price and get it on classifieds…

You’ll be a step closer to the SAA.