Who is shooting where and when?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Who is shooting where and when?

#1 Post by dromia »

Now that we have been told that covid is no longer a threat ranges must be getting back to some pre-covid behaviour.

So who is shooting where and how often?

How does this compare to your pre-covid frequency?

Also are the shoots being attended by more people, less people or just about the same?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

Re: Who is shooting where and when?

#2 Post by Jorden »

I am back to shooting once a week at one club and approx twice a month with a second club, it seems the ranges are still a lot quieter than before covid, I would say about 50% of what it used to be.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

I can shoot at Catterick twice a month the Shoots are restricted to a max of 30 people.The shoots are under subscriibed most of the time we think this is as a result of Covid.
I can shoot on my local indoor range 5 nights a week and Saturday and Sunday mornings. I run the underlever shooters on a Tuesday evening I am lucky to get 6 people. Before Covid the place was busy every night. We have put Covid precautions in place but its made no difference in numbers through the door. I also have access to an outdor 25 yard range 7 days a week from dawn till dusk. We shoot Clays the third Sunday in the month on a local farm we have our own machines that fire the Clays.(Dont know what they are called) So I have lots of oportunity to shoot but other Shooters are thin on the ground at the moment. Luckily both the Clubs I am a member of have healthy bank ballances so we are weathering the storm.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#4 Post by GeeRam »

dromia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:34 pm Now that we have been told that covid is no longer a threat ranges must be getting back to some pre-covid behaviour.
lol

The only people saying that are our dumb Govt politicians - not the medical/science community.......and I've not listened to what any idiot politician has said in the past 2 years.
Given most of the shooting community are probably the wrong side of 50 and most at danger from the virus, which hasn't suddenly gone away, I suspect many are not going to be in any hurry to change what they may or may not have been doing despite being multi jabbed.
Our club only shoots at Bisley anyway, and since the ranges have re-opened there, I wouldn't say it's been massively quieter than pre-Covid, certainly not back in the summer it wasn't. Maybe quieter over this winter so far, but given Omnicon, that's probably not surprising. We haven't had any club member not attending any club shoots because of Covid, unless they have been in isolation period when a shoot has taken place.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#5 Post by Plumose »

GeeRam wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:15 pm
dromia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:34 pm Now that we have been told that covid is no longer a threat ranges must be getting back to some pre-covid behaviour.
lol

The only people saying that are our dumb Govt politicians - not the medical/science community.......and I've not listened to what any idiot politician has said in the past 2 years.
Given most of the shooting community are probably the wrong side of 50 and most at danger from the virus, which hasn't suddenly gone away, I suspect many are not going to be in any hurry to change what they may or may not have been doing despite being multi jabbed.
Well said, my understanding is the science is still supporting being careful about contact with people, especially in enclosed spaces.
That said hopefully with indoor ranges having decent air movement to keep smoke/lead levels down it will keep levels of airborne viruses down, and outdoor ranges should be reasonably safe.

For me (although not in one of the higher risk groups) it is the club room attached to the range that would have the most worry and I would be wearing a mask if I was going to be in there for anytime (while knowing that unless it is an FFP2 mask it is more about helping to protect other people).
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#6 Post by Vossie »

I was shooting once a month ay Bisley prior to all this until falling foul to it, and left with long term health problems as a result.
But I am joining a local club as my Grandson and Daughter want to start shooting.
I am resuming my once a month as well, as have not been on the range since August.
Won't be long before the powers start leaning on us for having firearms amd not shooting, all take and no give.
PeterN

#7 Post by PeterN »

I go to an indoor 20 yard small bore range once a week and to a 300 yard outdoor range that is open every other Sunday during the winter period. Attendencies and behavior is as pre-covid. No masks to be seen and everyone seems to be happy about that. At the indoor range, most are the wrong side of fifty but do not seem fussed about covid. There are a couple of members that are keeping away, I presume they, or someone close, are still wary of covid. Me, I can't wait to ditch the masks completely. I really dislike the things, they trap most of your warm expelled breath in front of your face and you then breathe it back in. If they don't trap the expelled air along with covid particles, what is the point of them? They also steam up my glasses.
Regards
Peter.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#8 Post by channel12 »

The only times I've not been shooting is when the lockdowns closed the ranges. Otherwise I have been shooting at my club a couple of times a week and the CSR Matches at Bisley. Today the club morning was very much busier than it has been for some time as it's been very quiet since the end of the current restrictions.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#9 Post by Pete »

My partner and I shoot exclusively at Bisley........we had 15 sessions in 2020, and 16 last year.
This year so far we've had 2. Before the virus, we shot roughly once a fortnight, depending on weather. (We're of an age where, as much as we enjoy shooting, lying in a puddle for a couple of hours no longer appeals......)
Apart from the reduced shooting opportunities, and a few shortages of bog paper etc., the virus has had little or no effect on our lifestyle, and common sense suggests that keeping out of peoples' way, and taking advantage of any protection offered is an intelligent course of action to take.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#10 Post by Les »

I shoot a minimum of three times a week - sometimes more - which is more or less back to 'normal' for me. I only shoot .22 rimfire and airguns these days, so it's easier to find the opportunity to shoot. I use two indoor ranges and one outdoor range.