lights deben and lightforce help

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
tisme

lights deben and lightforce help

#1 Post by tisme »

I shoot on my own and I have been having trouble with lamps. I had a Deben tracer mini lamp mounted to my scope (schmidt and bender 8 x 56) At about 140 yrds I can only see white and I though it was either light reflecting or the light was just not very good. I then bought a light force 140. This is worse I can only see about 100yrds and 80 with a red lens on. The red lens does stop the "white light" but the distance is cut down to about 80 yrds.
Last night I put a sock on the silencer as I though that would cut the reflection to my surprise it did nothing I could see the field at about 100 yrds but only white any further.

I need to get these fox as I'm loosing chickens whats the best way to be able to see 200yrds shooting on your own. By the way I'm skint so night vision is out.
Thanks
Pete

My Tikka t3 with sock :D
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: lights deben and lightforce help

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have never been lamping so I could be very wrong here but would it help if you extended the front of the 'scope light a sun shield? Maybe slip a suitably sized length of plastic pipe over the end and if it helps look at a semi permanent way of attaching it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tisme

#3 Post by tisme »

Hi
The scope has got an extra 2 " on it, I forgot to say. I have tried 6 " but still the same.

Thanks for the reply though.

Just wondered what other do.

Pete
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Out of interest can you get someone to hand hold the light higher or to the left or right to see if that helps to tilt the lamp so you are shooting in the shadow or less lit part at 200, I am just wondering what causes a white out at longer distances only. Have you tried moving your hand around in front of and above the scope to see if you can stop/reduce the white out?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tisme

#5 Post by tisme »

Yep tried that last night if its 3 foot away its great, 200yrds +. When on the scope, I have put tape on the bottom of the lamp, to no good. Even if I hold it a foot away it white outs.

Pete
Actionclear

#6 Post by Actionclear »

Have you tried attaching the light under the rifle?
tisme

#7 Post by tisme »

Not yet. I will try tonight.
Pete
uzi4you

Re: lights deben and lightforce help NWS dead fox

#8 Post by uzi4you »

I had the same problem with the Lightforce, gave up eventually and went with a Cluson Masterlite with an extension tube, shoots fine out to 100yards, so just got to call the fox in a bit nearer.
tisme

#9 Post by tisme »

Tried it under the gun, still the same. Put a flower pot, with the bottom removed over the light, to sort of focus the beam. The same. I have given up and bought a X21 (http://www.brightlites.co.uk/content/pr ... d=&pid=170) not from these people though. This has a tripod so I can stand it a few feet away from it. Beam is meant to be 500 meters.