Cumbria Shootings - decision

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Cumbria Shootings - decision

#31 Post by Sim G »

Personally, any convictions/cautions, regardless of sentence for violent or sexual crimes should bar an individual for life from owning guns. Other convictions should be at the discretion of the issuing force and personally approved by the Chief Constable, not the firearms manager.

Has the HAC not specifically moved away from GP input?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Robin128

#32 Post by Robin128 »

"Personally, any convictions/cautions, regardless of sentence for violent or sexual crimes should bar an individual for life from owning guns. Other convictions should be at the discretion of the issuing force and personally approved by the Chief Constable, not the firearms manager."

Agreed.

"Has the HAC not specifically moved away from GP input?"

All options still open, as far as understand it.

Rob
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#33 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote:Personally, any convictions/cautions, regardless of sentence for violent or sexual crimes should bar an individual for life from owning guns. Other convictions should be at the discretion of the issuing force and personally approved by the Chief Constable, not the firearms manager.

Has the HAC not specifically moved away from GP input?
Thats a bit too black and white for me personally. Getting drawn into a fight that has nothing to do with you can easily result in a caution for affray and with that suggestion it would be bye-bye to your tickets. :( Last year a fight broke out in a pizza shop a friend of mine happened to be in just before he was putting in for his SGC and everyone who was inside ended up in the back of the meat wagon, fortunately i got a chance to speak to him before he was locked up and told him not to accept any caution. The CCTV in the shop got him off but that was days after the fact and he would've had a 'violent' caution on his record had he admitted to something when he was half-cut just to get out of the station quicker/with less hassle :?

No disrespect to the older members on here but if you're still of an age to be regularly going out on the town on Friday/Saturday nights the ease at with you can find yourself in situations that can potentially jepodise your tickets is frighteningly common, and its very easy to make suggestions that would put a lot of younger shooters at risk
DVC
Robin128

#34 Post by Robin128 »

Fair comment...I'd never take a caution.

"No disrespect to the older members on here but if you're still of an age to be regularly going out on the town on Friday/Saturday nights the ease at with you can find yourself in situations that can potentially jepodise your tickets is frighteningly common..."

Don't have to wait 'till Friday night for that risk today.

You are expected to lose your top set and not defend yourself...God knows whether the nutters have knives in their pockets...they can get away with cautions when they are carrying these days...rather than get sent down.

Rob