How old are you?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

How old are you?

Under 20
1%
20-29
14%
30-39
18%
40-49
30%
50-59
23%
60-69
11%
Over 70
2%

Total votes: 560

judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

Re: How old are you?

#31 Post by judders »

I started when I was 39....and I'm 40 now.

Member of two clubs, one where I'm definitely amongst the youngsters and the other where I'm probably around the average age.
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#32 Post by Gaz »

Started when I was 8 in the local scout hut, now 23. One of the oldest in my uni club (there are advantages to being the man who writes the constitution of a new club - "alumni may retain full membership!") but definitely one of the youngest anywhere else!
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#33 Post by HeatherW762 »

Started when I was 18 - am only 21 now :grin: :grin:
Voted with actual age - honest.

Average age in NRA is around 55. Our oldest active shooter died last year just shy of his 101st birthday! Lovely chap he was as well. Not sure how old our oldest active is now but oldest is 96. At one point we had a spread from 9 to 102 - not bad eh?

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dave_303

#34 Post by dave_303 »

Being 21 I am one of the youngest members of both rifle clubs I shoot with,
Seeing as I was 13 when I started smallbore and 16 with fullbore I was definitely one of the very young members
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#35 Post by Ovenpaa »

Seven members in the 20-29 range is good to see, the sport needs young blood if it is to continue and being quite honest I am surprised and pleased to see we have such a number of younger members, I doubt my son has voted however he is also in this age group.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Tower75

#36 Post by Tower75 »

I'm quite surprised too, but a good type of surprised.

You know all the Legends we have, Zombie Aware and Covert Opps etc, can we get a new one called "Younguns" ?? :grin:
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#37 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good idea, you should PM the Viking and get her to add the group, you will need to suggest a colour :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Tower75

#38 Post by Tower75 »

Done :good:

Just thinking, didn't all of the "Registered Users" appear in a sort of colour before? Zombie Aware used to be the only black ones. Now we're all black
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Chuck

#39 Post by Chuck »

Started shooting with Lone Ranger .45s at age 3 and an FN SLR about age 7 :lol: :lol: ..later airguns about age 10. Now 57 :cry: :cry:

Real guns were much later, around 50
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#40 Post by 25Pdr »

Started at age 12 with a Diana springer. Used to engage in long range shooting using other peoples bedsheets hung out to dry to observe fall of shot.(Well! I was only 12 8-) ).

Decided that more fun was needed so I made explosive pellets by filling them with powdered match heads and sealed them with Plasticine. (Quite spectacular in the dark). Found out that a wee drop of model aircraft fuel added to the cylinder produced a Diesel effect which increased the range and conveniently re-cocked the piston.

Joined local TA 277 A&SH RA at fifteen as a Boy Soldier. Fired Enfield No8, SLR, Bren, Sten and 25Pdrs.

FAC at aged 22 (1968) Mainly Pistols up until the ban.

Went in a huff at the Government for about four years, then decided "Illegitimi non carborundum" and started shooting again.

Today aged 65 - Black Powder - Small Bore - Full Bore - Gallery and Clays. :good: