Nightforce Zero Stop 'scope

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Nightforce Zero Stop 'scope

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

8-80! So maybe 100x is not so far away. I will see if I can a march to have a peer through we come to the show in February.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#12 Post by Dangermouse »

The exit pupil at 80x must be painfully small, I wonder if that would stop the designers going higher - unless we start seeing a new breed of wider than 30mm tubes.
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

I think it was IOR who went to 35 and 40mm, plus some S&B and maybe Zeiss and USO at 34mm. With the exception of the IOR at just sub GBP1k you are getting into some serious glass, as Stuart says, they are two kidney jobs or sell your first born and I suspect mine would have something to say about that!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
sanselm

#14 Post by sanselm »

The newer March scopes do have a 34mm tube, I am trying to persuade Gary the Uk importer to come to the show at Newark as well or at least send me some to take. We are also hopeful that Sightron will be putting out some new reticles soon as well as they are a cracking scope for the money. If they would copy the MTR ret in the March they would have a winner. For target use they are so simple it is scary, my scope has hashes that are exactly 1 moa apart at 40x - it makes cheeky sighters or blow offs as they are officially known really useful. Instant verification of windage / elevation at a glance. Not a ranging ret like the mildot but a really good target ret where you are shooting at a known distance.
MikMak

#15 Post by MikMak »

Hi Stuart, got nothing better to do in sunny Florida?? :mrgreen: Very cold here and loads of white stuff!!
I agree with Stuart on the Sightron Scope, very good value and optics, I have one amongst about 7 Niteforce scopes and it compares cery well
BTW Merry Xmas to everyone on the Forum, even though I dont know who most of you are? :lol:
Ovenpaa

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hi Mik, nice to see you on the forum, you will know a few of us. You did an AI trigger job for me earlier this year which was relayed back and forth by a tall bloke into funny cameras and 7mm's. (I hope that is not too cryptic!)
/d

Shed Journal
MikMak

#17 Post by MikMak »

Is that the tall bloke that won the 800yds distance at the Europeans with his 7mm SAUM, on his first outing into the competitive world?

I have just managed to attach the trg weekend forms etc!! not great with computers, but I dont usually post on forums, this seems different somehow,

Well done to the people who have put it together
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yup, the tall bloke with a medal. He is a member of the forum.. When Christel told him you had joined he mentioned Royalty. No idea why :lol:

EDIT - You missed out the bit about the 7mm SAUM being built by you ;)
/d

Shed Journal
MikMak

#19 Post by MikMak »

Nice Geezer :D

Modesty precludes me from takeing credit for his superb shoot at 800 yards :lol:
especially as he beat me, still he can take his royalty out of my Xmas Tip :lol: