gun parts

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ronboy

gun parts

#1 Post by ronboy »

Gun Parts

Hi I have this ruger 10/22 and it's not performed to my expectations, very ammo sensitive. Checking the misfired cases, stuck cases and wonky bullets had the effect of getting me very annoyed and dropping out of a comp half way through. I used the rifle in a comp early December and sure enough a stuck round and I gave up. The following week I stripped the rifle apart and decided a new bolt was the answer.
On phoning a gun shop I was told all bolts have to be proofed and I must admit I did not believe them so I checked with BASC and not only does the bolt need proofing but I would need Police permission to buy it. Now there's no identity no but there is a miniscule stamp, which I can only see with a powerful eyeglass on the bolt. All this seems over the top to me for a .22 rimfire. However I have now discovered the problems, no firing pin return spring, too much lift between the firing pin and the front retaining pin, allowing the firing pin to just clip the very edge of the case with very light strikes. Answer a new firing pin, a return spring and a slight modification to the front pin. Ronboy
Robin128

Re: gun parts

#2 Post by Robin128 »

Angelfire

Re: gun parts

#3 Post by Angelfire »

R. Magic on the way to Tesco's for me. Good bloke, used him myself when I was active.

Regards

Phil*
Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.