Rats ...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Rats ...

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

ronboy wrote:Finally rats do not look up, I've shot them in daylight from up a tree or an upstairs window. Ronboy
Top tip Ronboy, downside is the back of the house has no upstairs windows and I got rid of my trusty Gold Star last year. I was quite impressed with some little .22 Air rifles I saw last September in a gun shop in Denmark, brand new break action with a wooden stock and a 4X 'scope for 255 Kroner including a tin of pellets which is sub 30 quid new. Probably Chinese but at that price who cares, I should have got one... :oops:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#12 Post by Robin128 »

ovenpaa wrote:It is a Rat, we live in the boonies with fields to the front and stables at the end of the garden. So we do see them from time to time. Our bedroom goes up into the roof void partly so the ends are sloping (There is probably a name for is) Anyway this means my head is just a couple of feet under the roof. Now imagine a pitch black room and the sound of scratching just above your head...

The ultrasonic thingy sounds attractive, but so does poison.... :twisted:

You're looking for blood! :lol: :lol:

They hate ultrasound and move next door...instantly...avoids holes, ricochets, maimed and a seriously p1ssed off Viking.

Rob
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

She is still hacked off at having to kill pinkies last year after she had poisoned the mother, and smallest practical thing I have in the cabinet is a .303, not ideal given the backdrop....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#14 Post by Chuck »

Wot about non setting Gel like TAK, we used that in Rentokil, or humane traps..I got one for a squirrel.

Warfarin sugar puffs work (blue)...with warfarin in water alongside for when they drink...or chocolate moulded on to the prongs of a trap? smear markls will show entry exit routes....

Difference between ratshit and mouseshit... mouseshit is wee, rice like grain in nature, ratshit is used for tigening up bolts :roll:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Robin128

#15 Post by Robin128 »

Sorry...pinkies ... explain...pse.

:D

Rob
Robin128

#16 Post by Robin128 »

Ratshit !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

I spilt some jam on the floor in Dec, it was quite messy so it involved taking the skirting board off and getting under the sink to clean the floor.

There was a rawhide chew in there, a dog treat, it could not have rolled in there because of the skirting board.

We had rats last winter in the kitchen, yes rats.

Hole is now boarded up with a steel plate.

Now....does that mean a rat went shopping in MY KITCHEN for a dog chew!?

ARGH the thought....
Polchraine

#18 Post by Polchraine »

Robin128 wrote:Sorry...pinkies ... explain...pse.

:D

Rob
New born rats that don't have any fur ... best fed to pet ferrets, pet owls or raptors.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Robin128

#19 Post by Robin128 »

Yep...rat poison...block the holes... quite natural, it happens...ultra sonics!

They seriously can't cope with the noise.

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/mouse- ... 4QodyUqrZw

Just do it!

Rob
tisme

#20 Post by tisme »

We have rats on our small farm. I spent £60 on a Remington semi 22rf. The rats now make the best moving target practice ever.
If you have the space, I would recommend it.

Pete