Rats ...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

Re: Rats ...

#31 Post by HeatherW762 »

He looks like he was really fluffy as well.

I know what you mean about the odd noise. Jim makes that when he sees birds, hasn't quite worked out that they can here him & so get plenty of warning!

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Polchraine

Re: Rats ... Found it!

#32 Post by Polchraine »

My neighbour found the body yesterday - further along the route it took. Lying there with a hole in the forehead and and another on the back and even the crows have not even pecked out the eyes.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Angelfire

Re: Rats ...

#33 Post by Angelfire »

I have air gunned and .22rf thousands of the bloody things. No matter how many you dispose of, more seem to take their place. We used to rat in and around an animal feed mill, not a rare event to shoot above 100 on every visit. You could say it was infested by rats. Nowadays I suspect the local council may have had a say on the subject of an infestation of rats, and may have made the company employ a ratinator with his poison to get rid of them.

We used to rat on the outskirts of Sheffield at a piggery, where the pigs were fed the boiled waste from the hotels in Sheffield, real "pig swill". This spot was the same as the mill, infested with rats, even in the day time. We shot hundreds of the buggers here as well. It only ended when the land was sold and developed. We had great fun while it lasted though. These rats were large, smelly, and almost diseased in their appearance, unlike the mill rats that were in good condition. It made no difference, all were shot with great enthusiasm.

Regards

Phil*
Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.