SHOPS

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Chuck

SHOPS

#1 Post by Chuck »

Wandering through Walmart and Fry's the other day, lamenting the loss of the small business in the US and UK.. Supermarkets everywhere, like they now own the place.

Lo and behold on the drive back I spy a BUTCHERS shop..OH JOYS........Trays of steaks, roasts, chicken bits cold meats etc and freeezers full of assorted birds and animal that would outdo any zoo..(Bison, elk, der, ostrich, Kangaroo etc etc) ...YUMMY.

So, some chicken, ground beef and smoked bacon purchased...and each item wrapped in its own wee bit of greaseproof/wax paper with the PRICE written on it in pencil...ahhh the good old days, before plastic trays and bar codes. The staff took time to talk to customers and advise on how to cook the different cuts....BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicken was MUCH tastier according to my hostess as was the smoked bacon (damn streaky stuff but NICE)

Can't wait till Monday, I feel a nice roast joint coming on....

There's a good wee shop in Kilmarnock too: marble slabs, meat hooks and chains etc..they way butchers USED to be!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!