Vulcan XM-645

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Doz
Past Supporter

Re: Vulcan XM-645

#11 Post by Doz »

Looks like you had the same pushchair as I did bobbob! :) Or was that the only sort there was?!
Jenks

#12 Post by Jenks »

bobbob wrote:Well, you asked for it.......................................

Me and my big brother :)

I don't have a lot more yet as I have been busy doing other things. I hope to look through some more on Sunday as we are at Bisley tomorrow. I will look for planes particularly unless you want anything that shows general life from the 60's onwards. Like this.

bobbob...
Keep them coming. it's nice to be reminded how life back as the sixties. I left home in April 1961 for the first time in my life to travel all the way from Middle Wallop, Hampshire, to Hadrians Camp Carlisle. I recall being more than a little frightend............... but as excited as a lighted fuze!!!

Nowdays it is not un-common for people to live with their parents till they are well into middle age.. very un-healthy IMHO................ It's no wonder that some of them have weird idea's Viz standing on their own two feet. And believing all sorts of crap about what constitutes true Heroism. To some the act of leaving the family home to go and be assesed as to their fitness to receive benifit is truly an act of courage.What a whimpish society we have become. And for sure it's getting worse..

Bobbob, sorry for going off on one ;) but life is tough for this old pensioner, And I can't reist attacking weakness as I perceive it,

Please keep posting your Dads Photo's. Nice reminder of how things were.

Jenks
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Jenks,

No matter what, just remember to smile when you wake up in the mornings.
The chavs out there may be part of society but they are not part of your life unless you want them to be. Just ignore them.

:D
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

Bobbob, keep them coming, anything, we love it.

I am one of those who wish we could turn back time because nowadays everything is just happening too fast.
So pictures of the 60s is grand:)

Thank you.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was born in 1957 so I grew up in the '60's not that I really remember them however pictures like this always bring back some good memories.

Do keep posting them please.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#16 Post by bobbob »

Doz wrote:Looks like you had the same pushchair as I did bobbob! :) Or was that the only sort there was?!
Judging by my age that must have been 1965. The pushchair was probably my brothers before I got it and he was born in 1959.

Just a few random ones.

The paddle steamer "Ryde". I just Googled this and found it was used at Dunkirk and Normandy. http://www.psryde.co.uk/ryde/index.php

This is one of my brothers tucking into a cornet.

My dad in my maternal grandparents house in Poplar, I think.

Me being held by my uncle Len, my god father. My mum, her dad and my two brothers. Uncle Len served in the RAF. He was married to a Welsh lady who had two artificial legs. My granddad was an ARP warden. He couldn't join up as he was blind in one eye from being bitten by a dog.

Some for the plane spotters.

Last one for now. The street I grew up on from 1971 until I left home about 18 years ago.

Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#17 Post by dodgyrog »

That old Anglia brings back memories. I had one of those.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Robin128

#18 Post by Robin128 »

Did it wobble?