RFCS Harpswell, later Hemswell

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Christel
Site Admin

RFCS Harpswell, later Hemswell

#1 Post by Christel »

When we go west to visit family we always go through Hemswell Cliff, famous for it's huge Antique's centre...

http://www.hemswell-antiques.com/

...and also Hemswell Airfield.

http://www.bcar.org.uk/hemswell-history.php

I have been to neither however I do intend to go one day and I will report back here.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: RFCS Harpswell, later Hemswell

#2 Post by 1066 »

We make a visit to the antiques centre at least once a year. (Daughter teaches in Louth and lives in Tetney) The antiques are housed in four of the RAF building, each building has two floors and with maybe 20 rooms on each floor. The items range from "proper" antiques, longcase clocks, quality furniture etc to the tatty stuff, perished gas masks and old sewing machines etc.

Plenty of free parking and one of the buildings has mostly handcraft items - Several years ago there was a chap with a lathe producing some nice wooden bowls but he's no longer there. Also from there I have a well modelled wooden Hurricane on a stand made a chap called Tony Mills.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: RFCS Harpswell, later Hemswell

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

I keep meaning to stop however I am ususally put off by the huge car boot sale on Sundays, I can see we need to make a mid week visit one quiet day (HA!)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal