Dambusters who didn't make it

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Chuck

Dambusters who didn't make it

#1 Post by Chuck »

Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Dambusters who didn't make it

#2 Post by 20series »

Well the picture of the Lanc during the mission is total crap because it's the City of Lincoln from the BBMF at RAF Conningsby complete with the mid upper turret that was removed from the Dams aircraft...

Typical Daily Mail
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

20series wrote:Well the picture of the Lanc during the mission is total crap because it's the City of Lincoln from the BBMF at RAF Conningsby complete with the mid upper turret that was removed from the Dams aircraft...

Typical Daily Mail
They really are terrible at using pictures. I'll never forget when they used a picture of current Kiss guitarist Tommy Thayer and identified it as classic lead man Ace Frehley. Expecting them to get an aircraft right is expecting the second coming it seems 8-) wtf wallhead
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

Personally I thought "well at least they remembered those who didn't make it"....
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Chuck wrote:Personally I thought "well at least they remembered those who didn't make it"....
Chuck
My apologies aaarggh yes you are correct it was good that they covered it

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP